Americas Advisory Compliance - Director
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Position Summary:
We are seeking a self-motivated Senior Compliance professional to provide compliance support to the Private Credit portfolio management team located in Santa Monica and New York. The Americas Lead for Private Credit would be a senior member of the Investments Advisory Compliance Group responsible for supporting and enhancing the compliance infrastructure. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge of Private Credit products and strategies including Direct Lending Investments and Private Transactions in addition to the relevant regulatory requirements and guidance as it relates to MNPI, Allocations, and Conflicts;
- Ability to build, maintain and enhance a strong compliance framework and program;
- Skills to manage and lead an effective, cohesive and collaborative team.
- Partnering with key stakeholders including Private Credit, Legal and Compliance, Business Operations, and Risk and Quantitative Analysis (RQA), to implement and enhance a comprehensive global and regional compliance structure including monitoring and metrics.
- Taking a lead role on advising the business on product and strategy development, providing thought leadership on the impact of new or updated regulations, responding to business inquiries, and designing and delivering bespoke training as appropriate.
- Supervision of the Americas Private Credit Compliance Advisory Team and development and maintenance of strong working relationships with the regional teams in EMEA and APAC.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures and processes to address key regulatory, compliance and reputational risks areas for the Private Credit business.
- Providing guidance with respect to the governance framework.
- Managing Advisory efforts with respect to applicable regulatory examinations and inspections in addition to Internal Audits.
- Leading or participating in cross-departmental projects impacting Legal and Compliance and the business.
- Prior Advisory Compliance experience and/or knowledge of US federal securities laws including Investment Advisers Act a plus
- 10-15 years of asset management compliance experience, private credit, or direct lending experience a plus
- Previous experience managing small teams
- Strong written/oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Ability to outline a project and manage to completion while interacting with various parts of BlackRock
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, logically and analytically
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.