2021 Americas IBCM Summer Analyst - Los Angeles (Financial Sponsors / Leverage Finance / Gaming)
Credit Suisse's Los Angeles office offers an unparalleled Wall Street experience on the West Coast. Junior bankers receive significant execution experience across a broad range of investment banking products and industries. As a member of the LA office, you will work on small deal teams with significant individual responsibility. Coverage efforts based in Los Angeles include Sponsors and Gaming & Lodging. The office has traditionally been known for its strength in Leveraged Finance and is involved in some of the highest-profile, headline-grabbing LBO financings.
The Summer Analyst Program is a 9-week program for rising college seniors that provides outstanding exposure to business and the financial services industry. Whether you're working alongside a Full-Time Analyst or staffed as the only Analyst on a deal team, our summer program gives you the tools you'll need to jump start your career in finance and investment banking. Responsibilities may include analyzing companies using financial modeling and valuation techniques, examining the impact of a transaction on a client's capital structure and analyzing the consequences of a merger or acquisition.
As a summer program participant, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on deal experience and work on all aspects of advising and transacting business for our clients. Summer Analysts are formally reviewed at the mid and end points of the summer, and full-time offers are made after the program to individuals identified as exceptional performers. Program Highlights
• A one-day company orientation followed by a week of training
• Ongoing training on your desk throughout the summer
• A summer "lunch and learn", where you'll hear from senior line representatives across the divisions
• Mid-summer and final project, which consists of presenting a leveraged buyout to an "investment committee" of junior and senior bankers within the office
• Mentorship from an assigned mentor within Investment Banking, who will help you discover your strengths and plan your career
• Social and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm, ensuring that you are exposed to all the areas and understand the big picture of a global investment bank. The summer is structured to have a balance of work, social events and networking opportunities.