Vice President - Underwriting
- Irvine, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
Vice President - Underwriting
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Underwriter, the Vice President is responsible for duties in support of underwriting multifamily mortgage financing programs being offered by Hunt Mortgage Group. The VP will oversee document request, collection and complex underwriting processes as well as independently analyze credit and financial information to determine the degree of risk associated with the loan.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze, interpret, and underwrite complex multifamily real estate transactions in compliance with respective agency and product guidelines (Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac).
- Conduct detailed economic and demographic research to determine feasibility of transactions.
- Evaluate borrowers and sponsors to confirm they satisfy credit standards by reviewing bank statements and personal and business financial statements. Research background documentation including the real estate collateral, borrower's credit and the borrowing entity's legal structure.
- Prepare and present comprehensive loan approval package to credit committee.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with origination and closing departments as well as external agency investors.
- Conduct comprehensive inspections of physical real-estate assets, including sale, and rent comparable properties.
- Assists in the development of lower level Underwriters, Associates, and Analysts.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree Accounting, Finance, Economics, Real Estate, or other related fields from an accredited college/university.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of six years commercial underwriting experience with large loans. GSE multifamily experience is preferred.
- Prior DUS underwriting experience with extensive familiarity of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Multifamily Guide.
- Professional level experience underwriting loans across entire capital stack as well as knowledge base and skills in real estate finance in order to accurately evaluate transactions.
- Formal credit training is a plus.
- Experience with property level cash flow modeling and financial statement analysis.
- Highly developed analytical, research and written/oral presentation skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule.
- Ability to work productively under minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in EXCEL and Word.
- Proactive team player, able to work effectively under sometimes stressful conditions.
Requires a self-motivated, team player who has strong work ethic, demonstrates attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment with excellent management and business literacy skills. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently to and within established timeframes. Positive personality with a proven ability to analyze real estate transactions. Able to prioritize and follow through on opportunities; ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently as required. High level of personal accountability.