Intern - Burlingame
- Burlingame, California, US Description:
An exciting 10 week paid Internship experience awaits! Gain real life experience into the world of Insurance Brokerage. You will work within a high-energy, fast paced environment that is both competitive and fun. This role will afford the opportunity to work with our Ultra High Net Worth Group at large in Burlingame, CA. This is an exciting opportunity since you will experience the administration of complex programs for high profile clients located in the Silicon Valley.
Our summer internship program offers the chance to have practical, real world experience at a Top 20 P&C Broker. As a part of the program, you will have the opportunity to work on business specific projects where you will gain knowledge and experience to supplement and strengthen your skills.
- Receive targeted business and technical training with a greater understanding of our broader industry
- Assist client managers on preparing renewals and new business proposals for high net worth individuals.
- Set up and coordinate team meetings both internally and with vendors.
- Learn about fine art, jewelry and other risk exposures that impact our high net worth individuals.
- Be assigned a dedicated Internship Mentor during your Internship experience
- Learn about our industry and attend Virtual Seminars for knowledge exposure to some of our practices (Cyber, Commercial Liability, Fine Arts, Entertainment etc)
- Engage with HR for Mentoring Sessions (Creating/Updating Your LinkedIn profile, Interviewing Best Practices, Resume Writing, Job Search tips etc)
- Must be a Rising Senior (Anticipated Graduation 5/21).
- Must be available for entire 10 week program.
- 3.0 GPA or higher (Transcript required prior to in-person interview).
- Must be pursuing a degree in Finance, Risk Management or Economics (previous insurance internship experience may be considered in lieu of).
- Must be available to interview in-person in December/January at the local hosting office.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.