Assistant Account Manager
- Burlingame, California, US Description:
Assist Account Managers service Commercial Lines book of business
- Assist Account Managers (AM) as required
- Do minor placement as directed by Account Manager.
- Direct backup to Account Manager with phone calls from carriers and clients when AM is unavailable or out of the office.
- Process schedules of insurance, certificates of insurance, Auto ID cards, applications, proposals, binders, change requests or misc. spreadsheets under the direction of the AM.
- Suspend all new lines, endorsement requests and binders and follow-up on all suspense’s in agency management system; review pending items daily.
- Review cancellation list with Account Manager on a daily basis; advise accounting department of results and status of payments.
- Contact underwriters to follow-up on outstanding requests.
- Download policies, endorsements and other documents from carrier websites when needed by AM
- Review and process department mail (sharing responsibility with other AAM’s)
- Review and process Renewals
- Other duties as assigned by Team Leaders and/or Account Manager
- Minimum of 2 years prior insurance experience in a brokerage in a customer service role
- Valid P&C brokers’ license preferred
- College degree preferred
- Knowledge of agency management systems, AMS 360 and Work Smart preferred
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite