- Burlingame, California, US Description:
Risk Strategies, a privately-held National Insurance Brokerage and Risk Management Firm with over 1,900 employees and 97 offices throughout the US, is seeking a collaborative and resilient Account Manager to join our Commercial Lines Team. The Account Executive will serve as a trusted advisor to key client groups by providing strategic and consultative guidance on identified collaborative initiatives, assessment of potential risk profiles and conducting policy audits, proposals and renewals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in servicing key accounts in the Real Estate, Condominium and Habitational sectors while prioritizing and managing workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate delivery of key objectives.
As a Commercial Lines Account Executive you will:
- Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships with internal and external customers by meeting and exceeding expectations
- Actively service and retain existing accounts and develop new business opportunities
- Maintain appropriate system records of service, marketing, and policy communications with clients and carriers by documenting and updating electronic files and AMS & Work Smart accordingly
- Schedule personal client meetings at annual renewal or more frequently to maintain consistent client contact.
- Provide technical support to Producers including proposals, suspense, follow-up, etc. to assist clients and achieve agency's business goals. Keep Producers apprised of client status.
- Respond to client inquiries, service requests and claims issues within established timeline
- Inform and educate clients regarding coverage, exclusions and exposures; conduct on-site client meetings as necessary
- Execute coverage analysis: enlist assistance of other departments when applicable; notify client of coverage gaps; provide client with quotation for additional coverages; document our proposal and client’s acceptance/declination in Work smart.
- Market, analyze, negotiate and prepare carrier renewals, including alternative renewal options
- Refer all leads, to appropriate department
- Review all renewals within established guidelines.
- Perform other specific duties as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of Commercial Lines client management experience
- Valid California P&C brokers’ license
- College degree preferred
- Industry specific designations preferred- CISR, ARM or similar
- Proficient in insurance agency management systems, AMS 360 and Work Smart preferred
- Extensive knowledge with Real Estate, Condominium Associations, and Habitational risks.
- Extensive knowledge of Commercial Lines underwriting, coverage, rate analysis/procedures & experience reporting
- Ability to clearly articulate these products/plans to clients and underwriters, including compliance and legislative information.
- Understanding of marketplace trends and best practices to best meet client needs
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to collect, interpret and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Flexible, and able to work effectively under pressure, handling multiple tasks with interruptions and changing priorities.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills