Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst or Assistant Vice President, Project Management Office Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Senior-Business-Analyst-or-Assistant-Vice-President--Project-Management-Office_2018-1677-2/apply Responsibilities
- The position of Analyst or Senior Analyst is within the Project Management Office (PMO) of the Finance Operations department. This person will serve as a business analyst own and deliver key phases of process and technology improvement projects across the finance organization. Upcoming projects include enhancing and improving systems and processes for the Trade Order Management system and the Firm-wide Reporting Platform. Typical responsibilities include:
- Serve as the go-to person for assigned phases of a project (e.g., requirements or testing phase), in close coordination with the Project Manager
- Document business, functional, and technical requirements
- Gather, document, analyze and draw conclusions regarding complex data and information
- Define, coordinate, facilitate and/or execute user acceptance tests against business requirements
- Document test results and develop remediation plans with IT to address unmet business requirements
- Document current state (as is) and future state (to be) processes, systems flows, and data flows
- Document and train BAU teams on new processes & procedures Formulate, define and implement improvements to business processes and operations
- Building reconciliations and/or reconciliation prototypes
- Collaborate with management and key stakeholders to define project scope, objectives, assumptions, dependencies, value proposition / rationale, and impacted organizational functions and systems
- Resolve conflicts and negotiate changes in project priorities and/or scope
- Serve as liaison to business stakeholders, IT, and third party vendors on an ongoing basis; supporting the prioritization of business and enterprise needs and managing expectations
- Conduct project meetings and facilitating collaborative discussions
- Collaborate / coordinate closely in partnership with other departments within Accounting and the organization
- Minimum 2 years business analysis experience within the financial services industry, preferably in the investment management industry;
- Experience in Big 4 type organizations (or comparable), in consulting or audit
- Track record in business analysis and process improvement;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems;
- Experience in working with large sets of data including data manipulation in logical data structures and reconciliations;
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. He or she is known for doing what is best irrespective of politics and is comfortable with consensus building (at multiple levels) and soliciting constructive feedback; ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of participants including upper management, clients, other departments, and 3rd party providers.
- Communication; strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to present complex material.
- Independence & Collaboration; experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; must be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) while representing department and executive management interests and concerns.
- Work Ethic; focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation.
- Flexibility & Organization; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Intellectual Curiosity; energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues; must have strong problem solving skills; adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products; displays a technical aptitude that lends itself to learning and mastering new technologies.
- Driving Results; sets aggressive timelines and objectives to drive results, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- Judgment; makes recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Accounting.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 30+ Days AgoFull time2018-1677
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.