Senior Associate, Data
Senior Associate, Data Capabilities
Requisition #: 46849
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Irvine, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate in Customer & Operations for our practice.
- Work with project managers, data modelers, and client teams to help solve client problems through the use of analytical techniques
- Leverage technology platforms, tools, and packages to produce analytical models
- Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into a structured analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and management of effective work stream plans, models, and visualizations
- Track, communicate, and manage project risks, budget, rates, staff members, and launch/closeout activities, including the administration of work papers and collaboration sites
- Lead the development of engagement deliverables with a high degree of quality; able to work well in teams and communicate technical concepts in a simple and eloquent manner to senior client stakeholders
- Minimum of two years of experience in consulting capacity and/or functional experience in the Financial Services industry
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, math, statistics, engineering, science, or equivalent practical experience in management field from an accredited college/university
- Strong analytical competence, familiar with the handling of data; understanding of general statistical analysis and testing methodologies a plus
- Experience with analytics and visualization tools capabilities such as: MS SQL Server, Alteryx, Appian, RStudio, Python Jupyter Notebook or Spyder, MS Excel, Tableau, Microstrategy, QlikView, and MS PowerPoint
- Prior knowledge programming in languages such as: SQL, Python, R, SAS, Java, Tensorflow
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.