Risk Management Officer
AVP, Risk Management Officer Chinatown, Los Angeles, CA, USA Req #955
Tuesday, February 9, 2021
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com GENERAL SUMMARY The Risk Management Officer (RMO) is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and deployment of Cathay Bank’s various risk management programs and systems. The program is comprehensive and enterprise-wide in its scope. The RMO assists in facilitating risk management processes and is tasked with managing and maintaining various methodologies, procedures, documentation, and assessment plans to support the Bank’s risk profile. The RMO helps to identify and assess threats, assess how to avoid, reduce or transfer risks, and recommend corrective action plans. The RMO assists in helping manage risks to the Bank, its employees and customers in the following risk areas:
- Strategic Risk
- Country Risk
- Market Risk
- Credit Risk
- Financial Reporting Risk
- Compliance Risk
- Liquidity Risk
- Reputation Risk, and
- Operational Risk including: Business Continuity, Employee, Fraud, Internal Audit, Information Security, Information Technology, Physical Security, Transaction Processing and Vendor Risk.
- Performing risk assessments and identifying, describing and recommending estimated risks and the efficacy of any controls.
- Conducting risk-based evaluations, which involve comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the Bank such as costs and other factors, and evaluating the Bank’s previous handling of risks.
- Assessing and quantifying various departments controls against the Bank’s published risk appetite.
- Assisting in the preparation and presentation of risk reporting for varying audiences including; department heads, senior management, executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Conducting assessments / audits of policy and compliance to standards, and occasionally liaising with internal / external auditors and the Bank’s regulatory examiners.
- Supporting and informing Bank staff on risk-related concepts and processes to build risk awareness within the organization to drive departmental accountability for risks and controls.
- Coordination of third-party vendors and consultants to ensure the Bank’s risk management systems and functions are operating appropriately.
- Working with key departments to ensure that regulatory requirements are maintained.
- Participating in quarterly meetings and annual training with key business unit personnel to ensure consistency and compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor degree in business administration, accounting, finance, business information systems, information technology, computer science, engineering, or related field preferred; moderate knowledge of risk / audit systems and functions a must.
- Experience: At least 5 years of risk analysis / management, audit, project coordination / management experience is required. Knowledge of, and experience with, enterprise risk management, audit electronic work-paper systems or enterprise governance, risk and compliance systems is preferred. Familiarity with risk-based controls frameworks is preferred. Experience with third-party audit reporting, third-party controls testing and operational auditing or equivalent experience is helpful. Consulting / advisory experience is preferred.
- Skills/Ability: Excellent communication (technical writing and verbal presentation) skills; specifically writing, preparing and presenting executive-level reports is required. A strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel – to include advanced knowledge of functions involving data analysis, manipulation, and modeling including VLOOKUP, pivot tabling, INDEX/MATCH, COUNTIF, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT, macro commands, and conditional formatting in Microsoft Excel is required. Good understanding of data analytics and relational database systems / techniques. Must possess a high degree of business acumen, good project management and organizational skills; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with managers and staff at all levels; ability to work in an organized and efficient manner with minimal supervision. Additional application skills include: strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word– the candidate will be required to communicate in a concise and articulate manner.
Cathay Bank may collect personal information from potential job candidates and applicants. For more information on how we handle personal information and your applicable rights, please review our .
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster in English.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law supplement in English.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.