Jobs and Careers at Thomson Reuters
- Products & Services
- Risk Management Solutions
- Intellectual Property
- Pharma & Life Sciences
- Reuters News Agency
- Scholarly & Scientific Research
- Tax & Accounting
- Our Jobs
- What We Do
- Recent Graduates & Interns
- > Regional Manager, LMLF Sales and Client Management - L.A. - Los Angeles, CA
Bring Your Passion Regional Manager, LMLF Sales and Client Management - L.A. Job Description
Regional Sales Manager – Mid Law, Western District
The Regional Field Manager (RFM) for Mid Law is responsible for successfully leading and managing a senior level account management team. The RFM is accountable to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales and growth targets and to increase market share within an assigned region. The RFM ensures that the sales team is effectively trained, motivated, and coached to cover all assigned accounts and territories within the region.
The RFM hired mustreside in one of the major metropolitan cities of the RFM’s assigned region, which includes: California, Washington, or Oregon.
Major areas of accountability/ responsibility:
- Consistently attain regional sales quota for month, quarter, and year.
- This position requires regulartravel within assigned region to meet with team and customers.
- Effectively manage all sales executives assigned to the region. Balances appropriate time in the field coaching and motivating team to achieve desired performance results.
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments and influence at all levels.
- Proven ability to lead through change.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in adjusting to changing business priorities, processes and decisions.
- Develop an annual operational business plan for the region, informing the work of field staff and directing the way in which the region plans to grow its revenues. The plan, which shall incorporate a competitive and market assessment and indicate the region's contribution to the district and region’s planned growth for the year, will be reviewed by district management and measured against standard performance metrics periodically throughout the year.
- Ensure team members are properly trained on product knowledge, sales process, contract writing, pricing, and overall West SAM policies and procedures.
- Recruit and hire high quality sales candidates and ensure all territories are fully staffed. Continue to maintain a robust pipeline and bench of quality candidates for future openings.
- Ensure compliance across region of all required reporting and effective use of internal tools and resources.
- Support staff in achieving their monthly, quarterly and annual goals, by providing the necessary coaching, development and leadership to make each person and the overall region successful against core West metrics.
- Provide accurate and timely regional sales and account management reports, regional forecasts, expense reports, customer evaluation reports as well as other reports requested by channel management.
- Work with product marketers, segment staff and product developers to provide input on legal and regulatory information products, services or solutions which allow our corporate customers to access & utilize our content & solutions more efficiently. Design and recommend special programs and promotions to maintain or stimulate growth.
- Organize and conduct regional meetings and contribute to divisional management meetings as requested by the Director of Corporate Markets - Western District.
- Foster and maintain positive and effective internal and external customer relationships. Assist in customer escalation issues and provide customer relationship support as needed.
- Ensure all business dealings are handled professionally and ethically in accordance with established and accepted business practices. Support company processes and procedures and help to ensure the customers' experience is without compromise
- Champions new and innovative approaches, ideas, methods, processes, products and services.
- Sets high standards for performance, takes ownership, and drives accountability for results.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven track record of sales success; creative and adaptable with the ability to effectively coach and lead in a changing environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Commitment to People
- Skilled in coaching effectively, managing overall performance; ability to demonstrate and teach job related skills to optimize employee's performance.
- Creates an environment to attract the best and brightest people.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with employees, customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Builds constructive relationships across the organization with key business partners including channel teammates, Order Processing/Credit, Marketing Segment, New Product Development, and Finance to drive the business forward.
- Works collaboratively across boundaries and gets things done despite divergent goals, cultures and perspectives.
- Uses knowledge of business dynamics to make good decisions and sustain the core business while driving profitable growth.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of products, solutions and services for the Mid Law Channel.
- Adept at forecasting monthly goals.
- The ability to use financial tools to assist in planning, forecasting and productivity improvement.
- Exemplifies a strong understanding of the corporate market and the needs of corporate customers; ability to listen effectively and obtain necessary information in order to do business within the Corporate market.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Four-year college degree required. JD, MBA preferred, but not required
- 4+ years in a successful sales or account management role
- Prior field management experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of corporate legal market
- Established knowledge or a good appreciation of West products and services, especially Westlaw and Practical Law product lines
- High degree of integrity and ethical foundation
- Service orientation and experience with professional client presentations
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy
- Prior sales and sales management experience with proven results orientation.
- Strong B2B business development skills.
- Regional Field Sales Revenue
- Regional Expense Budget
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .
Los Angeles-California-United States of America
- About Thomson Reuters
- Products & Services
- Learn More
- Contact Us
- Connect with Us