Payroll Analyst Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Analyst_2020-38-2/apply
Based in downtown Los Angeles, the Analyst will liaise with international payroll vendors to process payrolls for Oaktree offices located in twelve countries, while assisting with U.S. payroll processing through Workday Payroll.
- Assisting with implementation of Celergo for consolidation of non-US payroll processing;
- Preparing monthly payroll funding estimates for all non-U.S. offices for Treasury;
- Providing foreign payroll providers with monthly changes, auditing payroll reports, and preparing monthly wire instruction memos;
- Collecting, inputting, and importing pay data into Celergo and Workday Payroll;
- Preparing, auditing, and collecting necessary documentation for year-end tax filings in London, Hong Kong and Singapore;
- Running pay calculations and settlements for semi-monthly U.S. payroll, as well as for off-cycle equity, separation payments, special payments, and adjustments;
- Assisting with time-off request inquiries, approvals, and troubleshooting;
- Processing historical edits and adjusting accrual balances;
- Reviewing and processing semi-monthly timecards;
- Ensuring compliance with Federal, state, and local laws;
- Reviewing and updating the compensation and payroll narrative that outlines key SOX controls, completing the written review of the annual payroll SOC 1 reports, responding to payroll audit requests, preparing sample documentation for walkthroughs, and ensuring SOX compliance for the payroll process;
- Preparing annual financial reports for Corporate Accounting and Tax related to state tax reporting, annual audit reconciliations, international office audits, bonus tax liability estimates, etc.;
- Liaising with corporate relocation firm to process relocation expense reports through payroll for tax purposes;
- Tracking and processing expat taxable fringe benefit gross-ups through payroll;
- Tracking changes to company-provided housing and maintaining employee housing listing;
- Working with outside tax advisors and/or local payroll providers to complete expatriates quarterly estimates and year-end taxes due in both U.S. and assignment jurisdictions, providing periodic YTD and year-end information and W-2 compensation breakdowns, and coordinating tax equalization settlements;
- Responding to employment verification requests;
- Back-up for calculating semi-monthly payroll for U.S. individuals on leave of absence;
- Generating reports and analysis as needed;
- Writing and updating standard operating procedures; and
- Providing company-wide customer service.
- Minimum two to three years of payroll experience within a professional firm;
- Experience processing non-US payrolls preferred; Celergo experience a plus;
- Experience with Workday Payroll, Time Tracking, and Absence preferred;
- Accounting and multi-jurisdictional tax knowledge a plus;
- Proven ability to manage tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, independently determining order of priority and self-initiating other value-added tasks; and
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong initiative and a self-starter with a proven ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Outstanding organizational skills with a strong attention-to-detail;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Works well under pressure and with time constraints;
- Flexible and team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism; and
- Able to handle highly confidential situations with professionalism and tact.
Bachelors degree is required.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted YesterdayFull time2020-38
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.