Manager_Water AMI Implementation
1000 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1100
Los Angeles, California, 90017
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
We are looking for a Manager in our Energy and Utilities Practice in Los Angeles! In this role, you will help our utility clients implement water AMI programs.
From day one at West Monroe, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems or Business required (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the electric/water utilities industry.
- Minimum 3 years of professional services consulting experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working directly on water AMI projects with an emphasis on the implementation phase
- Experience with utilities of 100,000 meters or greater in size
- Strong understanding of the key vendors/systems within the water AMI marketplace including meter manufacturers, AMI system providers, MDM vendors, customer portal offerings and data analytics packages.
- Referenceable track record of successfully managing and executing consulting engagements related to strategy development, business cases, technology roadmaps, program management, vendor selection, business process reengineering, organizational assessments, etc.
- Mature project management and consulting skills; writing and presentation of business solutions.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the year annually.
What will you be doing?
- Establish and/or lead a program management office (PMO) for utility clients undertaking complex, transformational programs.
- Act as or support the Project Manager in developing project plans, milestones, estimates, and structure on large engagements.
- Lead business process and technical requirements workshops with client personnel to develop business process/ technical documentation deliverables including requirements, process maps and key performance indicators for water AMI related processes (e.g. automated meter reading, leak detection).
- Manage and/or participate in a team of software/solution implementation, systems integration, and business consultants.
- Contribute to the Energy & Utilities Water consulting practice (methodologies, service offerings, team development), and drive best practice behaviors into the organization.
- Contribute to growth and development of WMP's Energy & Utilities Practice from a business development, service offering and culture perspective.
- Be a thought-leader within the water AMI sector of the industry as demonstrated by published articles in industry journals, speaking engagements at industry conferences, authored white papers, active membership at industry associations/councils, etc.
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals.
- Contribute to business development process as an emerging technologies subject matter specialist.
- Create work plans, pricing estimates and risk assessments for prospects.
- Exercise strong client management and client relationship building skills.
- Proven track record of business development at new and existing utility clients.
If you're looking for an opportunity to flex your consulting muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we'd love to hear from you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries.
Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.