Manager, Enterprise Resource Planning ( Erp ),Advisory
1000 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1100
Los Angeles, California, 90017
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you're up for the challenge?
West Monroe Partners has an immediate opportunity for a Manager to help establish and lead our Operations Excellence practice in Los Angeles, with an initial focus on ERP. Our Operations Excellence practice includes focus areas such as ERP, Business Analysis, Program Leadership and Organizational Change Management. Within ERP, our team helps our clients to establish the right enterprise applications and environment for their business needs and goals - whether those applications are on-premise or in the cloud. With proven approaches and extensive knowledge of the ERP landscape gained through dozens of software selection and implementation projects, we understand the ERP best practices that allow clients to make informed business decisions and reduce software and implementation costs.
Key offerings include:
- Assess the effectiveness of current applications portfolio against business requirements
- Design a practical applications strategy and roadmap based on business goals and needs
- Select the best and most cost-effective solution(s) for each client’s business, using a structured, vendor-independent approach
- Implement the solution, based on a realistic plan and established capabilities for managing and resolving the risks and issues of these complex projects
- Optimize current operating environment through the lenses of people, process and technology
The Senior Manager will have three main responsibilities:
- As a member of the firmwide Operations Excellence practice, help to establish an Operations Excellence focus within the L.A. office
- Represent all Operations Excellence offerings with an initial focus on ERP
- Build relationships with other practices within Los Angeles and working to integrate with local offerings and go to market messaging
- This role will be the first dedicated ERP resource in the L.A. office and will require you to be a self-starter, be comfortable with building out a team around you, provide structure, guidance and leadership and operate the practice in a profitable manner
- You will play an active role in practice development (e.g., assets, methodology), as well as in recruiting efforts to add additional Operations Excellence and ERP team members. This will include serving as a Career Advisor for these individuals (e.g., goal setting, performance management and mentoring)
- As a Senior Manager, you will be expected to scope and manage ERP related projects (e.g., software selections, platform strategies and implementations), provide delivery oversight on large engagements, lead and participate in delivery and manage relationships with key clients
- Provide oversight and quality assurance with ongoing projects in an advisory capacity to make sure the team is providing the greatest value to our clients
- Represent other Operations Excellence offerings in the market and work with firmwide Operations Excellence team for support in sales efforts
- This role entails involvement in scoping and closing new business, managing client relationships and providing oversight to project teams
- This role will require that you build relationships with our internal stakeholders in an effort to cross-sell services and leverage your existing network to farm for new opportunities
- A BS Degree or equivalent
- 6-8 years of experience with one or more ERP packages – strategy, planning and implementation (NetSuite, SAP, Oracle or Microsoft AX/D365 desired)
- 6-8 years of experience in ERP platform strategy and/or software selections (e.g., requirements definition, value stream mapping, TCO analysis, business case development)
- 3+ years of experience managing teams of consultants and technologists
- Experience with one or multiple of the following: owning a P&L, lead the build out of a consulting offering or lead the build out of a business unit
- Opportunity discovery/proposal scoping and development in areas such as software selection, ERP fit/gap analysis, ERP implementations, platform strategy and ERP advisory
- Proven business development track record of at least $2M+ annually
- Membership and visibility in relevant professional organizations
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; and in-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and software development life cycles
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to director and/or C-level Executives
- Ability to travel 50-70%
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to have a direct hand in building out new offering, providing a leadership opportunity in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you can own your career, we’d love to hear from you.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.