Product Analyst, Product Management Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Product-Analyst--Product-Management_2019-12/apply
Oaktree is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $120 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2019. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in credit, private equity, real assets and listed equities. The firm has over 950 employees and offices in 18 cities worldwide.
For additional information please visit our website at .
The Product Management department is responsible for (i) serving as representatives/spokespeople for Oaktrees strategies and products to explain strategy positioning and investment theses; (ii) creating, refining and managing content that effectively conveys our strategies investment approach, capabilities and portfolio activity; (iii) responding to investor requests for information about their prospective and current investments with us and meeting with those clients and prospects to explain strategy/product positioning and value proposition; (iv) developing and/or assessing new-product opportunities; and (v) delivering marketing programming initiatives that serve to raise awareness about Oaktrees offerings and broad platform capabilities.
This Product Management Product Analyst will be aligned to Oaktrees three real estate strategies (real estate debt, real estate income and opportunistic real estate) and will support those areas at the direction and under the supervision of our real estate product management professionals. The candidate will be expected to develop internal subject matter expertise regarding our strategies approach, areas of focus and portfolios. Selected responsibilities include:
Product Marketing / Fundraising
- Supporting the real estate Product Management and Investment teams in the design and creation of fundraising-related product/strategy content (e.g., pitch books and presentations, competitor analyses, talking points, thought pieces)
- Assisting in the development/improvement of existing content or the development of new materials by staying abreast of industry and asset class trends
- Learning compliance and related industry advertising rules to assist in the creation of compliant content (may include creating supporting documentation in partnership with other Oaktree departments)
- Assuming project management responsibilities related to new product launches or other initiatives
Product Investor Relations / Client Servicing
- Preparing standard content (e.g., brochures and portfolio review materials) and custom presentations to be used with investors during update meetings, at client conferences, etc.
- Leading the offshoring of collateral for maintenance purposes
- Assisting with collateral or website maintenance routines as needed
- Crafting product/strategy commentary or investment performance commentary
- Responding to or providing information on product- or strategy-specific inquiries and requests under direction of Product Management professionals
- Understanding the strategy(ies) or product(s), market(s) and operational structure(s) to be able to draft responses to investor inquiries where appropriate
- Coordinating with the appropriate internal resources when information is not readily available
- Preparing content as part of the firms bi-annual client conference and other programming/event initiatives
- Occasionally supporting the Corporate Communications & Branding team to deliver client events, conferences, or other programs
- Working closely with product specialists, marketing representatives, investment professionals and other internal stakeholders to research new product ideas
- Contributing to internal materials or analysis for new products
- Researching and preparing analyses regarding competitive landscape or precedent case studies
- 1 to 6 years of experience preferably within the investment banking, institutional asset management or consulting industries; client-facing experience a plus;
- Research experience utilizing third-party data provider platforms a plus;
- Prior experience in real estate a plus;
- Understanding of key macroeconomic, industry and regulatory trends affecting our business and the potential impacts (or opportunities created) for our strategies;
- Ability to acquire thorough knowledge of the legal, accounting, compliance and investment aspects of the investment products offered by Oaktree;
- Highly resourceful; ability to exercise superior judgment regarding investor requests: to interpret them, ask appropriate questions, seeking guidance and escalating issues as appropriate;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to interact directly with clients, portfolio managers and senior leadership;
- Excellent PowerPoint skills for creating client-facing and internal presentations;
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and working collaboratively as part of a team; and
- FINRA licenses (Series 7 and 63) a plus.
The successful candidate should:
- Be highly motivated to succeed and to foster the success of his/her teammates;
- Demonstrate the poise, confidence and professionalism to establish relationships, garner support and engage team members to ensure successful completion of projects;
- Desire to be in a dynamic role with a high level of rigor and where the work may change day-to-day;
- Be a self-starter who originates ideas, and identifies and captures opportunities and can push forward on initiatives with limited oversight or guidance;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) must show aptitude for explaining technical concepts clearly and simply;
- Possess outstanding attention to detail and superior organizational skills;
- Have strong integrity, professionalism and dedication to excellence;
- Excel in a demanding, fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest quality standards;
- Be a natural problem solver who can independently identify and recommend improvements to enhance productivity and efficiency.
Bachelors degree (major in Finance, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred).
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 30+ Days AgoFull time2019-12
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.