SVP, Head of Clients and Marketing Technology Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/SVP--Head-of-Clients-and-Marketing-Technology_2019-52/apply
Oaktree is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments. As of September 30, 2019, firm AUM was $121.9 billion. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in distressed debt, corporate debt (including high yield debt and senior loans), control investing, convertible securities, real estate and listed equities. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the firm has over 900 employees and offices in 18 cities worldwide.
For additional information please visit our website at .
Scope and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the CIO and all members of the IT Management Team (ITMT) to create and grow a high-performing, respected, trusted, and effective IT department.
- Develop deep, trusted partnerships with leaders and teams in the Client Relations, Sales, and Marketing business units.
- Understand the business, including their functional processes across Client Relations, Sales and Marketing, and their needs to design a strategy and develop a 1-3 year road map to achieve the strategy.
- Partner with business to create compelling solutions that enhance our success in fund-raising and client servicing.
- Identify automation opportunities, where business cases justify the effort and spend, to save money and reduce risks.
- Participate in and help lead the IT Transformation Program which includes Operational Excellence, Maximizing Investments, and Strategic Business Enablement. Help implement the vision and execute the strategy.
- Manage a team of developers and analysts across multiple worldwide locations.
- Build an annual budget and manage spend within the budget, carefully determining trade-offs when necessary.
- Partner with business teams to develop and bring forward business cases that return sufficient value for the cost/effort.
- Ensure our IT teams are always working on the correct priorities as determined by business with our guidance.
- Lead by example in building effective, collaborative relationships within IT, raising the overall level of IT success.
- Help lead to enhance the overall IT image, with some hoopla, as a professional and world-class IT team.
- Follow and help evolve governance including DevOps, Change Management, and Project Management.
- Align to our architectural principles and contribute to evolving the overall Enterprise Architecture strategy.
- Work with the CIO and the ITMT to define and install an innovation and idea generation capability.
- Prioritize strong hiring with good cultural fit, collaboration, and work ethic with retention through leadership and creating strong employee engagement and satisfaction of all IT employees.
- Mentor and champion the professional development of team members.
- Stay knowledgeable of outside 3rd party solutions and industry trends and technical trends, bringing ideas in.
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 15 years experience within the financial services industry, preferably asset management;
- Strong career success and growth in an IT department deep experience with technology and technical teams;
- Proven, demonstrated track record of vision, design, and solutions delivery in Client & Marketing systems roles, for groups such as Client Relations, Client Service, Business Development, and Marketing in financial services firm(s).
- IT leadership roles in business facing positions; ability to develop strong and effective trusted partner relationships with business leaders and executives throughout the firm;
- Experience with application development, business analysis and project management;
- Able to contribute new ideas and collaborate in an broad IT transformation;
- Experience working on developing vision or strategy, and any experience with innovation is a strong plus;
- A demonstrated ability to influence others at all levels in a very collaborative way;
- Shown ability to coordinate across large teams and gain consensus;
- Superb communications skills and relationship building skills;
- Proven ability to attract and retain talent, with a focus on ensuring diversity and inclusion is highly prioritized.
- Has developed IT strategy and roadmaps for business groups/IT departments related to this specification;
- Leadership skills and influence skills; strong builder of relationships and partnerships;
- Highly collaborative, ensuring the company and team are put first and successes are shared;
- Attract and retain top talent, motivate team, leader by example, strong coach;
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic;
- Ability to operate independently on short and long term goals;
- Detail-oriented and natural problem solver; have the ability to independently research problems and offer solutions;
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects with differing priorities to meet deadlines;
- Strategic and visionary, yet hands-on and pragmatic;
- Has creativity, innovation, transformation attributes and someone who will be exited to help in transformation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to leverage firm wide resources in an effective and judicious manner;
- Team-oriented, shared goals achiever;
- Perpetual learner, curious, not afraid to challenge other points of view, yet in respectful, constructive manner;
- Must possess strong integrity and professionalism and share Oaktrees common goal of excellence.
Bachelors degree is the minimum requirement, masters level considered a plus.
CFA, FINRA series 6, 7, 99, etc., or any other applicable certifications will be viewed favorably but are not required.
Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. is an equal opportunity employer
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 12 Days AgoFull time2019-52
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.