Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Head of Corporate Accounting Job Locations US-CA-Los Angeles Job ID 2019-1777 Job Department Corporate Accounting
Based in Los Angeles and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Head of Corporate Accounting will be responsible for managing the corporate reporting function on a day-to-day basis. This includes accounting, reporting/filing and policy areas and working closely with Oaktree’s auditors and with Brookfield Asset Management, who is acquiring a majority stake in Oaktree (expected to close in the third quarter of 2019).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leadership and Management: Day to day leadership of the accounting function. Talent management, including people development and recruiting, will be an important component of the role, as well as maintaining a client service and results oriented culture within the finance and accounting group.
- Financial Reporting: Oversee and direct internal and external reporting requirements including GAAP financial statements, SEC filings (Form 10K/10Q and others), IFRS reporting, creditor reporting, tax reporting, and any other public reporting or filing requirements.
- Accounting Policies: Interpret, develop, implement, and monitor accounting policies, processes, and procedures. Provide counsel on accounting related issues, disclosure obligations related to business transactions, and financial statements. Strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX is required and working knowledge of IFRS is an added plus. Understand exposure to accounting including Investments, Fair Value Measurements, and other Obligations, Accounting for Income Taxes, Derivatives/Hedging, Asset Impairments, and Equity Based Compensation. The ability to interface with external stakeholders including SEC, FASB, FINRA and other agencies.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all policies and requirements and provide accurate, timely, and useful management reports.
- Business Process Improvement and Technology: Play a key role in leading accounting process improvements, change initiatives, streamlining processes, developing metrics, and creating efficiencies within the department. Previous experience aiding in implementing ERP and consolidation systems would be helpful. Partner with Information Technology to ensure the technical infrastructure and consolidation processes supporting financial reporting are designed to meet key control objectives and operate effectively.
- Audit: Assist in the preparation of materials for management and audit committee meetings. Manage day-to-day interactions with external auditing firm. Work with auditors to bring efficiencies to the audit process.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience at a public accounting firm and/or the accounting function of a publically traded company in accounting and finance roles.
- Strong accounting and technical expertise in accounting policies and reporting
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and required financial statement disclosures
- Track record in driving process and technology change within an organization
- Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. He or she is known for doing what is best irrespective of politics and is comfortable with consensus building (at multiple levels) and soliciting constructive feedback; ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of participants including upper management, clients, other departments, and 3rd party providers.
- Communication; strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to present complex material.
- Independence & Collaboration; experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; must be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) while representing department and executive management interests and concerns.
- Work Ethic; focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation.
- Flexibility & Organization; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Intellectual Curiosity; energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues; must have strong problem solving skills; adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products; displays a technical aptitude that lends itself to learning and mastering new technologies.
- Driving Results; sets aggressive timelines and objectives to drive results, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- Judgment; makes recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and a CPA, graduate degree preferred.
Oaktree is an equal opportunity employer
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS