Intern, Corporate Finance Job ID 19001754 Los Angeles, California
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Corporate Finance practice assists middle-market companies and is differentiated by industry expertise and superior deal execution.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Interns will act as Investment Banking (IB) generalists, working as a part of our Global Corporate Finance team on a variety of engagements. Individuals will be assigned a wide variety of projects and given as much responsibility as their experience and capabilities permit.
- Work directly with client senior management teams, board members and stakeholders throughout all phases of transaction advisory and execution, in both healthy and distressed situations
- Prepare financial models and analytical support for M&A, restructuring & special situations, and transaction opinion deal teams
- Draft situation analyses, pitch materials, information memoranda, management presentations and term sheets in support of M&A assignments
- Perform company, industry, market and competitor research and due diligence
- Contribute to the development and communication of proposals and advice to current and prospective clients
- Ensure quality of client deliverables by having strong attention to detail
- Maintain open lines of communication between deal team and potential M&A buyers/sellers, including maintaining the data room and coordinating management meetings
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Management (with a concentration in Accounting, Economics or Finance), Economics or other degree (with a minimum of four Junior and/or Senior level courses in Accounting, Economics or Finance) from an accredited university or college
- Expected graduation date between September 2020 and August 2021
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- A critical, detail-oriented thinker who can quickly evaluate and analyze companies and financial information and master new tasks quickly
- Excellent quantitative, writing and communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively with senior professionals in an engagement team
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and on weekends
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
- FINRA Series 79, 63 & 7 certification (either current or able to obtain)
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.