Director of Finance
8138 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
RSM is currently seeking a Management Consulting (MC) Director with a strong accounting consulting background and CFO/Controller skill-set to build and lead our Finance Transformation Consulting Practice. As part of our Finance Transformation Consulting Practice, you will be able to draw from your experience and knowledge to conduct Rapid Assessment studies for clients to improve their businesses by providing services such as IT and financial procedure and control documentations and assessments, process improvement, financial transformation, and policy and procedure design and optimization.
Our engagements involve the analysis, development and documentation of improvement opportunities, and may include implementation and training components. You will take the lead in developing and growing our business and client network via your project management skills and the ability to work in collaborative teams, primarily at client locations.
This position will be directly involved with relationship management, supervision of staff, onsite client projects and development of the MC services within our local markets, including demonstrating RSM capabilities related to accounting and information technology outsourcing services and deliverable solutions.
This practice line is exciting, growing and offers tremendous career opportunity. This is ideal for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial opportunity within the security of a well-established firm.
- Bachelor's Degree, preference in Accounting
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in a public accounting or consulting firm providing consulting and/or accounting services
- Lead and support business development activities including identification, proposal development, and other pursuit activities
- Experience consulting with accounting, financial, operational, technology and other management personnel to improve their businesses
- Experience with operational process reviews and basic internal control requirements
- Ability and experience working on conjunction with Audit, Tax and other consulting partners to develop a cohesive go-to-market message and target and pursue opportunities as a team
- Ability to leverage personal network to develop relationships in the market to drive project opportunities
- Work with leadership across our National Finance & Operations (F&O) practice to identify key targets and roll out our F&O services to the market
- Ability and experience building teams, hiring resources, mentoring, coaching and developing people to deliver on consulting engagements
- Master's Degree in business or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to gather facts, organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data to identify relevant issues and support findings
- Expertise, knowledge and aptitude for developing and delivering accounting and technology services solutions
- Expertise in analyzing and applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ("GAAP") in developing creative solutions to client's complex financial problems
- Experience in managing client relationships and leveraging them to sell Firm solutions
- Ability to effectively manage overall client relationships to exceed client expectations in a sophisticated large consulting or accounting firm environment
- Strong technology skill-set, including systems management or implementation experience
- Ability to provide effective communication to both client and project team
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with centers of influence and professionals
- Ability to break complex issues into project steps and problem solve
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate, write and present information in a clear and understandable manner
- Ability to travel 50%
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req11301 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Consulting Services Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
MC Finance and Accounting Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req11301 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Los Angeles, CA US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
West Region Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Business Consulting/Technology Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
Yes ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing