Associate, Business Analyst Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Associate--Business-Analyst_2019-1834/apply Responsibilities
- Oaktrees Portfolio Analytics, Risk and Reporting department (PARR) is seeking an individual to join our team, providing Business Analyst capabilities focused on portfolio and security analytics, investment and portfolio reporting, as well as operational process design and oversight. This individual will partner with various departments within the company and serve as a thought and change leader as we build our Enterprise Analytics platform. In partnership with the technology, operations and the investment teams, this individual will design specifications for new portfolio and security analytics, perform quality tests, oversee the development to production implementation lifecycle. Responsibilities include:
- Work with PARR senior leaders and IT to support the ongoing development of Oaktrees Enterprise Analytics suite;
- Collaborate with the investment teams, IT and other internal partners to draw up formal specifications for portfolio and security analytics;
- Take ownership of all aspects of software development including specifications, testing, debugging, roll-out (including user training), documentation, and maintenance;
- Design and implement operational processes to monitor the accuracy and timeliness of data flows, analytics calculators and report outputs;
- Troubleshoot and resolve production related issues arising from missed or problematic data feeds, inaccuracies related to calculations, and report output discrepancies;
- Write reports using off the shelf and proprietary tools (and/or project manage the development of new reports with stakeholders and IT);
- Deliver reports or self-service tools to internal and external stakeholders; Partner with the technology team to enhance and evolve Oaktrees broader data and reporting environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience at an asset management company, investment/portfolio analytics software vendor, investment/portfolio analytics consultancy, or other related financial services company working with credit products in an analytical capacity;
- Must have a working knowledge of security analytics for bonds, leveraged loans, convertible securities, options and structured products;
- Foundation in investment finance concepts and familiarity with credit instruments and Fund Accounting;
- Ability to quarterback assigned projects to resolution, seeking guidance and escalating issues as appropriate;
- Comfortable and capable of working with product specialists, vendors, portfolio managers, and senior management to understand and define reporting requirements;
- Expertise in operational infrastructure as it relates to alternative asset management, such as system and data flows, is a plus
- Experience using SQL, C#, and MS Visual Studio preferred.
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic
- Ability to operate independently on short and long term goals
- Detail-oriented and a natural problem solver; have the ability to independently research problems and offer solutions
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects with differing priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to leverage firm wide resources in an effective and judicious manner
- Team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism and share Oaktrees common goal of excellence
- A Bachelors degree is required with a major in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Economics, Finance or another related field.
- Preference will be given to CFA candidates
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 30+ Days AgoFull time2019-1834
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.