Benefits Analyst Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Benefits-Analyst_2019-1703-4/apply Responsibilities
- Based in downtown Los Angeles, the Analyst will collaborate with the HR team and serve as primary contact for benefits services and programs for all employees and managers. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate in managing the daily operation of the Benefits department;
- Review benefits processes for efficiency and effectiveness, providing ideas and crafting tools for improving processes and enhancing communications
- Manage HIPPA program compliance including risk analysis and training
- Manage Oaktrees transportation benefit, including local AQMD compliance, and overseeing WageWorks
- Manage and administer the Health Savings Account benefit including enrollments and funding
- Administer the US wellness program in collaboration with the benefits team; responsible for implementing events and developing tools that market or promote wellness (including screenings, fairs, raffles, B-12 and flu shots)
- Responsible for managing the benefits hotline and inbox (includes troubleshooting, researching, and responding timely) Manage Oaktrees Workers Compensation program nationally; serve as a first responder for our Los Angeles office
- Responsible for approving benefit enrollments and changes in Workday and administering processes that align with employee events throughout the employee life cycle (includes onboarding/orienting, separations, and midyear family status events)
- Administer and maintain US benefit policies and programs; collaborate with the team to produce major benefits events such as Open Enrollment and new benefit launches
- Collaborate on execution of benefits communications strategy (draft, edit, brand and provide feedback on materials and presentations) and ensure currency of benefits materials
- Participation in Diversity & Inclusion committees / activities
- Prepare and proof ad hoc reports using Workday / Excel
- Manage invoices (includes reconciling eligibility and tracking expense against the benefits budget)
- Support the benefits function including meeting logistics, preparing federal express and electronic distributions and notices as needed
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years of experience (at least 2 years of benefits experience preferred) within a professional firm;
- Experience with Workday strongly preferred;
- Proven track record in maintaining discretion with confidential information;
- Ability to audit numbers and compare reports;
- Proven ability to manage tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, independently determining order of priority and self-initiating other value-added tasks; and
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess a willingness to help with outstanding customer service skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills with a strong attention-to-detail;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Self-starter with a proven ability to take initiative;
- Works well under pressure and with time constraints;
- Flexible and team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism; and
- Able to handle highly confidential situations with professionalism and tact.
- Bachelors degree is required.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 30+ Days AgoFull time2019-1703
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.