Associate Vice President, Portfolio,Management
Associate or Vice President - Portfolio Management Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Associate-or-Vice-President---Portfolio-Management_2019-1844/apply
Oaktree is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $120 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2019. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in credit, private equity, real assets and listed equities. The firm has over 950 employees and offices in 18 cities worldwide.
For additional information please visit our website at .
- Oaktree is seeking an Associate or Vice President to join the Real Estate team in its Los Angeles office. The position holder will be responsible for leading strategic portfolio analysis in support of Oaktree Real Estates open-end core-plus business, with an emphasis on modeling fund-level cash flows, monitoring portfolio composition and identifying opportunities to optimize investment and fund performance. He/she will be involved in all operational aspects of the business and will act as the liaison between accounting, asset management, client relations and deal teams.
- Continually monitor investment composition and performance to make sure each fund matches overall portfolio strategy; call attention when strategies are out of balance (i.e., over/underweight in geography, property type, etc.)
- Evaluate portfolio strategy and performance relative to various benchmarks (NCREIF, NFI-ODCE, MSCI, etc.)
- Aggregate data and share observations with senior management in a sophisticated, concise fashion. This includes maintaining fund models, updating returns, and tracking liquidity, distributions, fees, promotes.
- Run fund-level financial analyses assessing the impact of all major property-level decisions (leasing, capex, refinancing, sale, etc.) on fund-level return projections; evaluate prospective investment opportunities in the context of overall fund composition and performance.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the portfolios underlying assets, especially as it pertains to key business plan initiatives and risks, by working closely with asset management and deal teams
- Contribute to marketing and client relations efforts by providing as-needed information on asset- and fund-level performance
- Act as the liaison between accounting, asset management, deal teams and valuations to ensure that investment performance, monitoring and decision-making is being optimized in the context of the overall portfolio
- Assist in the review and/or preparation of quarterly investor and fund reporting
- 5-10 years of work experience at a commercial real estate investment firm.
- Deep experience at the asset level; understanding of multiple property types.
- Background in accounting is highly preferred.
- Superior command of real estate private equity and public market investment concepts.
- Highly skilled in modeling investments in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong financial and analytical ability.
- Hands on approach; willing to roll-up his/her sleeves and demonstrate by example.
- This individual must be a smart, quick thinker who can respond immediately to matters affecting the fund business.
- High level of integrity and keen work ethic.
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with solid business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
A Bachelors degree in a real estate, finance, accounting, economics or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 30+ Days AgoFull time2019-1844
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.