Associate Real Estate Structured Methods Vice President/Trader, Credit
Associate/Vice President, Real Estate Structured Credit Trader Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Associate-Vice-President--Real-Estate-Structured-Credit-Trader_2020-186-1/apply
Based in downtown Los Angeles, the Trader will be part of the Real Estate strategy and will work directly with the strategy leaders to analyze, construct, and manage investment portfolios across all real estate debt securities including, but not limited to, RMBS, CMBS, other RE Structured Credit, and RE Corporate Credit.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the RE group to evaluate primary and secondary market opportunities across RE debt securities
- Executing trades for the strategy on a daily basis;
- Collaborating with RE group on underwriting the underlying collateral
- Reviewing portfolio statistics and risk on an ongoing basis to ensure that the portfolio positioning reflects current views on the market;
- Coordinating with repo financing providers to secure best financing rates and manage rolls;
- Working with third party technology providers to enhance internal analytics;
- Working on marketing initiatives and materials;
- Collaborating with other fixed income traders at the firm in efforts at securing best execution for the Oaktree platform; and
- Communicating with clients when needed on current market trends and technicals.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the capital markets, trading fixed income products;
- Advanced proficiency in analyzing and trading non-agency RMBS
- Proficient in trading CMBS and other RE Structured Credit
- Strong business writing and communication skills; and
- Strong working knowledge of Bloomberg, Intex, CoreLogic, Non-agency data, and Freddie-Mac Single Family loan Level Dataset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to think critically about business fundamental, current events, politics, and global economic trends;
- Self-starter with a proven desire to learn and ability to take initiative;
- Outstanding follow-up and organizational skills with a strong attention-to-detail;
- Strong ability to manage tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, independently determining order of priority and self-initiating other value-added tasks;
- Hard-working with strong dedication to the position and company; and
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism.
Bachelors degree required. Bachelors degree in math/science strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 3 Days AgoFull time2020-186
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.