Assistant Vice President, Reports,Portfolio
Assistant Vice President, Client Reporting, Portfolio Analytics, Risk and Reporting Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Assistant-Vice-President--Client-Reporting--Portfolio-Analytics--Risk-and-Reporting_2019-26/apply
Oaktree is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $122 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2019. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in credit, private equity, real assets and listed equities. The firm has over 950 employees and offices in 18 cities worldwide.
For additional information please visit our website at .
Scope and Responsibilities
Oaktrees Portfolio Analytics, Risk and Reporting department is seeking an individual to join our Open-end strategy team to lead the coverage of Oaktrees Open-end client reporting offering. This individual will partner with Marketing, Client Relations, Investment Teams, Product Management, Accounting and other departments to design and deliver client reports and prospect materials, as well as engineer and implement operational protocols to ensure that information is delivered accurately, consistently and on time.
- Structuring and overseeing operational business processes to manage day-to-day production of standardized client reports, bespoke client reports, and ad hoc inquiries;
- Developing protocols and routines to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of deliverables;
- Evolving our reporting suite in response to, and in anticipation of, client and industry demands;
- Serving as a subject matter expert and resource to Sales Representatives, Portfolio Managers and Client Services;
- Preparing a large number of ad hoc and standardized reports and leading the research, design and creation of new reports as needed;
- Coordinating, to the extent needed, the production of reporting content needed from other Oaktree departments, including Legal, Compliance, Accounting, and Marketing;
- Mastering system technology to learn to create data extracts for reporting purposes. Reviewing financial data for various Oaktree portfolios and developing charts and tables for presentations and publications;
- Conducting, as necessary, competitor analysis, performance contribution/attribution analysis, and other reports at the request of members of Marketing, Client Relations and the Investment Teams;
- Learning about the companys complex, systematic investment process, markets invested in, financial instruments used and the reporting processes that support Oaktrees portfolio management teams, clients, related consultants and prospects;
- Overseeing team of offshore resources who are responsible for executing recurring tasks including aggregating data and generating reports.
- 4 to 7 years of experience working at an Asset Management company, Investment Bank or other related financial services company (including vendors) in a portfolio reporting and client servicing capacity;
- Familiarity with Credit instruments (High Yield Bonds, Senior Loans and Convertible Securities) is preferred;
- Knowledge of relevant reporting outputs and metrics including portfolio accounting, performance reporting, risk metrics and portfolio characteristics;
- Familiarity with different reporting perspectives: region/country breakdown, industry breakdown, maturity distributions, credit quality ratings;
- Comfortable with, and capable of, working with senior members of Marketing and Client Relations, Portfolio Managers, Prospects and Clients to understand and define reporting requirements;
- Experience analyzing financial data and metrics with sufficient familiarity to recognize potential issues;
- Experience managing and manipulating large amounts of data in Microsoft Excel.
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic;
- Demonstrable and meaningful career progression; evidenced leadership qualities and ambitions;
- Ability to operate independently on short and long term goals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to leverage firm wide resources in an effective and judicious manner;
- Detail-oriented and a natural problem solver; have the resolve to independently research problems and offer solutions;
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects with differing priorities to meet deadlines;
- Team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism and share Oaktrees common goal of excellence;
- Passion for improving systems and processes.
Bachelors Degree required.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 21 Days AgoFull time2019-26
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.