Assistant Vice President, Performance
Assistant Vice President, Performance and Attribution Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Assistant-Vice-President--Performance-and-Attribution_2020-214-6/apply
The position of Assistant Vice President for the Firm-wide Performance & Attribution (PA) team works closely with the leadership of the group with principal responsibility for operationalizing performance and attribution initiatives. The position partners with the managers of PA Accounting and Performance along with managers across the organization to drive initiatives focused on client and portfolio reporting, as well as process and data architecture improvements.
- Calculate and review performance reporting which includes Time-Weighted Return (TWR), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), and Investment Multiple metrics
- Help ensure adherence to performance calculation and reporting best practices, including GIPS principles
- Analyze portfolio accounting data and be able to translate into expected performance impacts
- Produce contribution and attribution reports, and identify and resolve any outliers stemming from data issues
- Document business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Gather, document, analyze and draw conclusions regarding complex data and information
- Define, coordinate, facilitate and/or execute user acceptance tests against business requirements.
- Document test results and develop remediation plans with IT to address unmet business requirements.
- Document current state (as is) and future state (to be) processes, systems flows, and data flows.
- Formulate, define and implement improvements to business processes and operations.
- Facilitate group budgeting process as well as development and monitoring of key performance indicators/metrics.
- Collaborate with management and key stakeholders to define project scope, objectives, assumptions, dependencies, value proposition / rationale, and impacted organizational functions and systems.
- Resolve conflicts and negotiate changes in project priorities and/or scope.
- Serve as liaison to business stakeholders on an ongoing basis; supporting the prioritization of business and enterprise needs and managing expectations.
- Serve as a relationship manager for 3rd party providers.
- Conduct project meetings and facilitating collaborative discussions.
- Collaborate / coordinate closely in partnership with other departments within Accounting and the organization.
- Minimum 10 years experience with a mix of accounting and/or investment performance experience within the financial services industry, preferably in the investment management industry;
- Track record in investment performance analysis, business analysis, project management or process improvement;
- Understanding of accounting and investment performance reporting is a plus.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access. Sylvan and/or Geneva experience is a plus.
- Communication; strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to present complex material.
- Independence & Collaboration; experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; must be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) while representing department and executive management interests and concerns.
- Work Ethic; focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation.
- Flexibility & Organization; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Intellectual Curiosity; energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues; must have strong problem solving skills; adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products; displays a technical aptitude that lends itself to learning and mastering new technologies.
- Driving Results; sets aggressive timelines and objectives to drive results, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- Judgment; makes recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors.
Bachelors degree required, preferable in Accounting. CPA is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull time2020-214
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.