Administrator, AP and EAG Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Administrator--AP-and-EAG_2019-42-2/apply
Oaktree is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $122 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2019. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in credit, private equity, real assets and listed equities. The firm has over 950 employees and offices in 18 cities worldwide.
For additional information please visit our website at .
Based in downtown Los Angeles, the Accounts Payable Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- Executing all tasks in accordance with policies and procedures to ensure adherence to the units financial and operating control environment including segregation of duties, dual control activities, documentation requirements, evidence of reviews and approvals, and protection of assets and negotiable instruments;
- Assist in audits, preparing assigned reports, and providing documentation as directed;
- Utilizing an image/workflow system and a general ledger accounts payable module to review, audit and post expense reports and invoices ensuring the accuracy of account assignment, entity allocation, and appropriateness of associated documentation;
- Executing check, ACH and wire remittance setup and entries to effect accurate and timely disbursement of funds;
- Evaluating, documenting and executing vendor set-ups to ensure data accuracy, timeliness of remittances and protection of company assets;
- Providing specialized processing support for paid invoices and status updates for the non-U.S. offices;
- Providing basic analysis, research or processing support to assist with internal client and external vendor inquiries, audit requests, accruals, inter-company invoicing and special processing (e.g., year-end 1099s or tax remittances);
- Review output to ensure quality; and
- Performing other tasks as required.
- Strong excel skills;
- Basic familiarity with and capability to apply core general ledger/accounting concepts of debit, credit, accrual, allocation, invoicing and posting;
- Demonstrated skills in understanding and adhering to policies, procedures and operating controls to ensure consistency and timeliness of execution along with protection of company assets; and
- Successful track record of interacting with both internal and external clients in a positive and productive manner using courtesy and good judgment.
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic;
- Team-oriented with strong customer service skills;
- High attention-to-detail;
- Strong integrity and professionalism;
- Solutions-oriented, self-motivated, deadline driven, results-oriented, a problem solver, strong teamwork skills;
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills that allow effective interactions and communication amongst team members, team leaders and across functional areas;
- Critical thinker, quick learner, multi tasker, organized in a fast paced environment; and
- Embraces technology.
Bachelors degree is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 20 Days AgoFull time2019-42
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.