Accounting Manager, Closed-end Fund Accounting Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Accounting-Manager--Closed-end-Fund-Accounting_2019-1763-3/apply Responsibilities
- The Accounting Manager will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for various private partnerships and accounts, as well as reporting to clients and the portfolio group. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and maintaining the books and records of pooled private investment funds organized as limited partnerships and/or separate accounts;
- Accounting for and reconciliation of cash, investments and real property;
- Recording and reconciling of purchase and sale transactions;
- Accounting for complex corporate actions;
- Estimating and posting of monthly closing accruals;
- Calculating of income and expense allocations to each partner, including updating of distribution waterfall based on the terms of the governing documents;
- Determining and preparing distributions and draw-downs; Preparing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients;
- Analyzing and calculating of performance metrics for partnerships/accounts as well as for each investment;
- Coordinating with funds independent auditors, custodians, prime brokers and fund administrators;
- Performing other tasks as required.
- 5 years accounting experience preferably with a mix of big four public accounting and investment management industry experience;
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis;
- Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The successful candidate must have great organizational skills and be able to handle complicated work efficiently and effectively;
- The candidate must take the initiative to ask questions and detect problems;
- He/ She must be a team player and demonstrate a strong work ethic; and
- The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Accounting. CPA is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 30+ Days AgoFull time2019-1763
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.