Assistant Vice President, Fund Accounting and Operations Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Assistant-Vice-President--Fund-Accounting-and-Operations_2019-20-3/apply
This position is within the Fund Accounting & Operations Shared Services team. This person will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of standardized processes and best practices over financial and non-financial information, which may include processes over reporting, financial statement audits, SOX/SOC-1 compliance, cash management, forecasting, liquidity monitoring, vendor performance management and more. This position will also serve as a key Fund Accounting & Operations contact to provide streamlined accounting and related information to users across the organization.
- Formulate, define and implement improvements to fund accounting processes and operations; identify areas for process improvement, streamlined operations, enhanced controls, standardized templates and areas to further leverage technology
- Collaborate with other departments across to enhance data management / distribution, communicate fund data across the organization and serve as a central point of contact to address related questions and requests
- Liaise with funds independent auditors, custodians, prime brokers and fund administrators
- Assist in overseeing the annual financial statement and SOX/SOC-1 compliance audits
- Perform other tasks as required
- Minimum 6 years accounting experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of closed-end private investment funds, investment company accounting and partnership accounting preferred
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills proven ability to communicate proactively, analyze issues and reach well-considered conclusions under tight time constraints
- Proficiency with MS Office Excel as well as other financial applications
- Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents and backgrounds. Ability to elicit cooperation from and gain the confidence of a wide variety of participants including upper management, other departments and third-party service providers.
- Communication; strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Independence & Collaboration; proficient at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) with high attention-to-detail.
- Flexibility & Organization; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing demands; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Driving Results; drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- Intellectual Curiosity; energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues; must have strong problem solving skills; adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products; displays a technical aptitude that lends itself to learning and mastering new technologies.
A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 14 Days AgoFull time2019-20
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.