What we need:
The Financial Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting Cetera’s Financial Planning & Analysis function, which broadly encompasses budgeting, forecasting, management reporting, and ad-hoc financial analysis. In this capacity, he/she will partner closely with Shared Service FP&A, Subsidiary Finance, and HR teams in key role supporting human capital and compensation planning, forecasting, reporting, and analytics.
What you will do:
- Develop/maintain complex financial models as part of the company’s budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning processes (workforce planning and compensation, variable and incentive compensation, monthly flash reporting and dashboards), and ad-hoc analysis
- Partner with HR and Finance business partners to facilitate and support headcount and compensation related planning, forecasting, monthly reporting, and analytics (including variance analysis) processes
- Contribute to the preparation of management reports and executive presentations through tracking and assessing the firm-wide staff-related spending through detailed understanding and analysis of compensation expense items including salaries, taxes, benefits, incentive compensation, and recruiting-related expenses
- Work closely with VP of Shared Services Finance and other finance team members to improve various current human capital management and other critical processes (workforce planning, position management, hiring governance, monthly reporting, etc.) through simplification, enhancements, and/or automation
- Routinely work with various aspects of business to design and implement framework and modeling for calculating the variable compensation paid to employees within recruiting, advisory sales, retirement planning, etc., and work with accounting to ensure variable compensation is properly accrued for
- Support and execute bi-weekly variable compensation payroll submission process
- Leverage technology (Oracle, Alteryx, Tableau) to build out headcount and compensation expense dashboarding (weekly/monthly/etc.), maintaining key staff-related metric databases within applicable systems and assist with implementation of new tools and systems
- Work with HR benefits team and benefits broker to understand monthly variances to plan (i.e. enrollment, claims amount, etc.)
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues across business units/ departments to foster an effective cross-functional working environment and collaborative spirit
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (finance or economics preferred, but not required)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in FP&A, finance or accounting, HR, or business analysis role
- Advanced proficiency in the use of business applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid understanding of financial statements, corporate finance, and accounting principles (experience working with headcount and compensation is a plus
- Advanced financial modeling and analysis skills
- Experience with financial reporting and general ledger applications (Oracle ERP/PBCS/HCM/WFP tools, Hyperion/SmartView or similar, and Fieldglass is a plus)
- Ability to extract, manipulate, and turn data into actionable insights
- Experience working in a large organization with multiple legal companies and cost centers
- Highly motivated with demonstrated experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders across multiple business entities across multiple locations
- Self-starter who will anticipate challenges and work proactively to resolve issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a customer service mentality
- Knowledge of the financial services industry is positive, but not required
Really catch our eye with:
- Advanced knowledge of accounting processes, workflows and terminology, including driver-based planning and how it is implemented within an Oracle ePCBS (or similar) environment
- Demonstrated experience authoring reports and dashboards using Oracle's reporting tools including SmartView, BI Cloud, and other packaged BI/data visualization tools (Tableau, Alteryx, etc.)
- Understanding and experience with compensation planning models, concepts, related drivers (i.e. headcount, merit, cost of living adjustments, etc.) and key assumptions (i.e. tax and benefit components)
Our top performers share the following traits:
- Inquisitive minds who enjoy applying their financial perspective to the broader business context with analytical rigor and strategic thinking to drive our business forward
- Comfortable working with imperfect information and successfully navigating ambiguous situations by applying strong problem-solving frameworks
- Strong time manager able to prioritize effectively while creating space for original thinking and thoughtful analysis, acting with a sense of urgency and purpose when facing challenges
- Strong desire to make your mark on a successful and growing team, and to further develop already strong business partnering skills
What we give you in return:
Our competitive Health program offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our employees the opportunity to plan ahead for a strong financial future well beyond their working years.
About Cetera Financial Group:
Cetera Financial Group® ("Cetera") is a leading network of independent retail broker-dealers empowering the delivery of objective financial advice to individuals, families and company retirement plans across the country through trusted financial advisors and financial institutions. Cetera is the second-largest independent financial advisor network in the nation by the number of advisors, as well as a leading provider of retail services to the investment programs of banks and credit unions.
Through its multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers independent and institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large, established broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their needs and aspirations. Advisor support resources offered through Cetera include award-winning wealth management and advisory platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment adviser services, practice management support and innovative technology.
"Cetera Financial Group" refers to the network of retail independent broker-dealers encompassing, among others, Cetera Advisors, Cetera Advisor Networks, Cetera Financial Institutions, Cetera Financial Specialists, First Allied Securities, and Summit Brokerage Services.
Cetera Financial Group is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all employment decisions at the Cetera Financial Group, including those relating to hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation, and placement, will be made without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics, religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S. military status, political affiliation, or any other class protected by state and/or federal law.
Please Note: Cetera does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered the property of Cetera unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees. Primary Location:
US-CA-El Segundo Work Locations: Job:
Finance and Accounting Organization:
Cetera Financial Group Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
Jan 27, 2021, 9:31:56 PM