- El Segundo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 22 Apr 19
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset management group that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset management group that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world. With more than 2000 people including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage over $400 billion of assets (as of May 2018) across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives. Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We know investors want strong and repeatable risk-adjusted returns and we aim to deliver this through an active and consistent investment approach that is team-based, risk-aware and performance-driven.
Conduct research across a broad range of sectors, securities, or equities investments by producing concise, actionable, written research, and verbally articulate strengths, weaknesses, and relative value recommendations to portfolio managers and traders.
* Perform credit analysis of borrowing companies.
* Perform in-depth industry analysis and research, managing independent research projects as required.
* Perform relative value analysis of debt issues across assigned sectors.
* Analyze and integrate industry trends into actionable recommendations, gathering relevant data as appropriate.
* Incorporate macroeconomic analysis into research recommendations.
* Perform financial modeling of security, company and industry information and assumptions.
* Interact with management from firms within the sector, attending company meetings and conferences as needed.
* Contribute to team strategy discussions, including daily market meetings.
* Take a lead in upgrading our data analytics capabilities of our portfolio management group to match or exceed best practices expected by our investor base.
* BA/BS or equivalent degree.
* Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) completed or in progress.
* 5+ years of work experience in bank loan or high yield research preferred.
* Communication and relationship skills to appropriately influence and share ideas with Portfolio Managers and Analyst colleagues.
* Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform company, industry and economic analysis, including proficiency with software tools such as Excel and database management.
* Relationship skills to work successfully across the Columbia Threadneedle organization and to interact with company management teams, as required.
* Experience with R, Python, SQL, or similar data mining tools.