Application Development Supervisor
Application Development Supervisor What we need:
The supervisor will provide management leadership in the design, development, integration and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and services within Ceteras Suite of Financial Applications. Candidate is responsible to provide solutions to technical issues and will assist in establishing project schedules and to ensure the team meets the development schedules. Candidate will ensure the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements and will work closely with Application Architects and business SMEs in building the technical solution and will be reporting to the IT Manager. Candidates must be hands-on and function as a Development Lead/Supervisor and solution designer. Experience with backend services and financial applications will be a plus. What you will do:
What you need to have:
- Design, Code, Debug, and Develop Enterprise Java based solutions, with suitable design patterns.
- Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
- Demonstrate strong grasp of Object-Oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD) and solid understanding of software development principles
- Effectively communicate with key business stakeholders to understand business requirements
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors and develop suitable integration solutions
- Conduct formal and informal training and learning sessions
- Provide accurate estimates to Management for work activities
- Apply in-depth technical knowledge to lead & provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. BPM based process identification & implementation and API/ESB based RESTful Services, etc).
- Participate in troubleshooting complex issues and resolving defects
- Provide technical thought leadership and be a strong collaborator with domain SMEs, application owners/managers, senior development teams and management
- Be able to self-learn, research & adopt new and emerging technologies to provide solutions to business problems.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience. MS degree is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology supporting development of complex projects involving significant Web, distributed SOA, JEE technology stack
- Ability to lead, coach & mentor a geographically distributed team of lead, senior & junior developers following onshore-offshore model, for timely & successful delivery of project initiatives is required.
- Expert-level expertise with Servlets, Spring/MVC design patterns
- Strong experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP), JMS and micro-services architecture
- Experience with data access using Hibernate
- Experience with any industry leading Enterprise Service Bus product (such as Mulesoft, IBM ESB, FUSE,WSO2 etc) is strongly preferred
- Strong experience with DB Design, Query Optimization, Indexing including deep understanding of Oracle 11G and/or SQL Server 2008/2012 and the appropriate and effective use of database objects
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with continuous build management and source code management including use of SVN/GIT/Ant, Maven, Jenkins
- Good knowledge and experience with other vendors platforms, products
- Knowledge in Financial Services domain is a plus.
Catch our eye with:
What we give you in return:
- Experience with any BPM product based on BPMN 2.0 standard, API Management software is a plus. Experience with jBPM, FUSE ESB, 3Scale API Management and/or MuleSoft is preferred.
- SAML 2.0 and SSO
- Web technologies and responsive design and use of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Angular, Bootstrap
Our competitive Health program offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our employees the opportunity to plan ahead for a strong financial future well beyond their working years. About Cetera Financial Group:
® ("Cetera") is a leading network of independent retail broker-dealers empowering the delivery of objective financial advice to individuals, families and company retirement plans across the country through trusted financial advisors and financial institutions. Cetera is the second-largest independent financial advisor network in the nation by number of advisors, as well as a leading provider of retail services to the investment programs of banks and credit unions. Through its multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers independent and institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large, established broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their needs and aspirations. Advisor support resources offered through Cetera include award-winning wealth management and advisory platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment adviser services, practice management support and innovative technology. "" refers to the network of retail independent broker-dealers encompassing, among others, , , , , and . Cetera Financial Group is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all employment decisions at the Cetera Financial Group, including those relating to hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation, and placement, will be made without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics, religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S. military status, political affiliation, or any other class protected by state and/or federal law. Agencies please note: this recruitment assignment is being managed directly by Ceteras Talent Acquisition team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners in the rare instance we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated. Please Note: Cetera does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered the property of Cetera unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees #DICE Primary Location:
US-CA-El Segundo Work Locations: Job:
Information Technology Organization:
Cetera Financial Group Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
Sep 16, 2019, 10:21:13 PM