Unit Loan Operations Manager
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Loan Operations Unit Manager Location US-CA-El Monte Job ID 2020-7451 Category Other Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Loan Operations Unit Manager. The Loan Operations Unit Manager is responsible for the day to day management of a Loan Operations Unit including but not limited to; customer complaints and research, payment processing and other financial activities, Demands & Payoffs, Adjustable Rate Management, escrow monitoring, Insurance and Tax monitoring, post closing collateral monitoring, Construction Disbursement, Quality Assurance, Investor Reporting, etc. Oversight to all applicable regulatory compliance relative to Loan Servicing, Reconciliation and Quality Control is included in this role.
- Responsible for the direct management of the loan operations team(s) including but not limited to; hiring, coaching, training, setting performance requirements and goals, developing and delivering scorecards results, metrics, key-man succession plans, and conducting performance reviews.
- Direct loan operations activities to meet established goals and appropriate turnaround time to meet regulatory requirements for time sensitive activities.
- Ensure that Loan Operations complies with all federal, state, local laws and internal Bank policies.
- Ensure Risk Mitigation in the processing of Loan Activities ensuring compliance with Business Loan Agreement, Promissory Note and Regulatory Compliance requirement
- Implement necessary changes within the Loan Servicing Unit to comply with any new or changed laws. Included in this process are: BSA/BO,TRID, RESPA, SCRA, FACTA, GLBA, FDCPA, USAP, CRA, etc.
- Perform periodic review of all processes including 3rd party vendor processing and audit of their process.
- Respond to internal and external audit request and findings and work to remediate any identified noncompliant processes or areas of concern.
- Process & Manage Loan Purchase and Sold Activity. This includes working directly with the Treasury Dept., Accounting, Leverage Lending, Syndication and other lines of business.
- Evaluate business processes and make necessary changes to daily procedures and process controls as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other business units to reach desired result on Service Level and Productivity KPI.
- Perform the Compliance and Quality Self-Assessment for teams within Loan Administration
- Provide updates and training to staff on new and upcoming regulation changes and process improvements including documented procedures.
- Implement process improvement and document all procedures for functions and activities within the Unit
- Provide guidance to System Administrator to ensure bank control has proper set up for fees, Note Type, Credit Bureau Reporting, etc. for proper reporting and servicing of loans.
- Create Management reports as requested
- May provide User Acceptance Testing on the loan System based on new products and/or processes
- Work on special projects as assigned by Manager related to the Data Accuracy and accurate compliance requirements.
- Maintain knowledge for all regulatory requirements applicable to the job, this may include and is not limited to; Bankruptcy, SCRA, FCRA, BSA/BO, etc. and ensure compliance with all applicable procedures, State and Federal laws.
- Perform all other managerial or project duties as assigned my management.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the loan servicing industry
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Strong knowledge of rules, regulations and compliance requirements concerning loan servicing specific to the areas of oversight
- Strong Customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective leader with strong project management skills
- Firm understanding of current best practices in the Loan Servicing Industry
- FIS, BlackKnight, Synergy, Cash system knowledge preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to build effective relationships as needed to effectively address issues and obstacles
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS