Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Asset Monitoring Team Lead Location US-CA-El Monte Job ID 2020-7450 Category Other Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Asset Monitoring Team Lead. The Asset Monitoring Team Lead is responsible for more complex activities within Loan Servicing Insurance and Tax Monitoring team and all research related to the process. This position has responsibilities to provide guidance and direct workflow for the Asset Monitoring activities as well as coverage during peak volume and staff coverage. The position includes responsibilities for the training of Asset Monitoring Specialist and includes research and monitoring in any of the activities relating to Asset Monitoring. The Team Lead will back up the supervisor/manager as needed and provide quality control review.
- Direct daily work to ensure timely completion by the team
- Provide coverage for all Asset Monitoring positions to cover for peak volume and staff coverage.
- Provide guidance to team members on the work allocation and its procedures
- Process entries to ensure proper shadow accounting in the bank’s G/L and loan recoveries as applicable.
- Monitor General Ledger for force placement and/or refunds or such ensuring timely refund in accordance with regulation
- Monitor on going exception reporting related to escrow, delinquent taxes and escrow analysis.
- Research complex transactions related to activity impacted by highly regulated processes, such as; SBA, Accounting principles, etc. .
- Research complex transactions in response to examiners inquiries
- Reconstruct loans with customer and/or banking officer dispute.
- Design training requirements for new Asset Monitoring Specialist at all levels
- Provide guidance and training to other Asset Monitoring Specialist
- Establish and perform quality control review of Escrow processing, analysis and lender force placement
- Review requirement with 3rd party vendor ensuring proper monitoring, customer communication, escalation report, etc.
- Prepare management report and Credit Supervision for all delinquent taxes
- Work collaboratively within a team structure to ensure compliance to industry standards
- Perform User Acceptance Testing on the loan System based on new products and/or processes
- Work on special projects as assigned by Manager related to the Data Accuracy and accurate compliance requirements.
- Maintain knowledge for all regulatory requirements applicable to the job, this may include and is not limited to; Bankruptcy, SCRA, FCRA, BSA/BO, TRID, TILA, etc. and ensure compliance with all applicable procedures, State and Federal laws.
- Back up supervisor and/or manager during absences, peak time, staff shortage
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting Degree required, or equivalent work related experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Loan Servicing Industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Insurance and/or Tax Monitoring
- Knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC/TRID/TILA Laws/Regulations, understand how these obligations relate to his/her role, and comply with these laws and regulations
- Loan system experience required including document imaging system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good leadership skills and ability to lead a team of 3 to 4 staff members
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organize and maintain a high volume work environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and perform in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build effective relationships as needed to effectively address issues and obstacles
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS