Senior Business Analyst
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Business Analyst Location US-CA-El Monte Job ID 2019-7200 Category Other Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for supporting the Loan Operations business units in data analytics tasks, Operational Excellence initiatives, and design & implementation of medium- to large-scale projects. This position will handle large amounts of data and design feasible solutions acting act as a liaison between the solution end users and the business partners (such as IT, Enterprise Project Management, etc.) and/or 3rd party vendors. This position will also be responsible for the management of Loan Operations projects, development of system business requirements and perform User Acceptance test. This position document procedures, deliver user training and provide training to junior business analyst.
- Conduct data analysis and generate ad hoc management reports based on the requests from business units
- Act as a liaison between end users and business partners (such as IT, Change Execution, etc.) and/or 3rd party vendor to design feasible analytical and/or technical solutions for medium to large projects and operational needs
- Develop appropriate process flow to improve efficiency and quality as well as meeting compliance/regulatory requirements
- Write business requirements for system-related projects and work with IT and/or 3rd party vendor to ensure the successful solution delivery
- Design and perform user acceptance test to ensure a system or application functions as expected
- Manage project implementation on behalf of Loan Operations business teams
- Present analysis result and/or project progress update to the management team, business units and business partners
- Provide training to business unit end users on newly developed/upgraded systems
- Identify the opportunities for data report automation and work with IT to materialize such opportunities
- Assist in identifying data quality issues and recommend options and implement process improvements
- Compile and maintain the documentation (such as procedures, guides, instructions, etc.) for critical applications, reports and daily business analytics processes
- Provide support and training to other business analyst
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks as requested
- Master’s degree in finance, business, engineering, science or related fields or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 to 7 years experience in banking industry preferably in commercial and mortgage lending
- Demonstrable experience in process automation design and implementation
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience performing complex data analysis
- Excellent written, verbal and comprehension communication skills required
- A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, achieving results through influence and collaboration
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail, adapt quickly to changes and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills and intermediate SQL skills required
- Working knowledge in IBS Insight, LPS, SAP Business Intelligence, and Passport applications are preferred
- Good leadership skills required
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS