Quality Control Analyst
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Quality Control Analyst Location US-CA-El Monte
Job ID 2020-7691
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Quality Control Analyst. The Quality Control Analyst is responsible for the secondary review and QC of all Loan Operations processes. The responsibilities include identification of risk and remediation, performing Quality Control reviews by the creation of ad hoc reports and utilizing system reports, looking for trends, logic and overall accuracy of the loan data. Work performed will include coverage of Loan Operations with focus on data integrity, and compliance/regulatory and operation processes.
- Support manager in the implementation of the on going secondary Quality Control process within Loan Operations.
- Perform system to system analysis to ensure data reasonableness, generate Quality Control reports to augment Loan Operations Callback process.
- Analyze ongoing data quality exceptions and determine the root causes
- Implement necessary changes within the Loan Operations process and applicable policies due to changes in lending requirements and/or identified root causes
- Perform self-testing for all newly implemented processes relative to internal audit exceptions, discovery items from Compliance Monitoring, Commercial Loan Documentation and high risk areas that may impact our financial reporting and customer interfacing
- Work with Loan Operations Management to create and validate remediation plans identified through Audit, Root Cause Analysis, self-testing, etc.
- Use spreadsheets and databases to maintain detailed records
- Provide updates and training to staff on new and upcoming regulation changes and process improvements
- Coordinate implementation for process improvement.
- Ensure Internal Procedures are updated with new regulations and/or process changes
- May assist Loan Operations staff with servicing of loan by performing research to resolve complex issues ensuring timely updates are provided.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers.
- Create Management reports as requested
- May provide User Acceptance Testing on the loan System based on new products and/or processes
- Assigned to special projects related to the Data Accuracy and accurate compliance requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Computer Science or Economics.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the commercial or residential loan servicing industry
- Minimum 1 years in a quality control role, and/or process design role within the loan operations business with experience in data management/quality analytic function
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to design and implement new processes with experience in reengineering disciplines
- Demonstrated understanding of controls and risk
- Advanced experience with Microsoft suite of office products, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Visio
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills with the ability to assess problems and develop solutions/improvements
- Experience with data reporting tools
- Ability to produce accurate and precise work, detect discrepancies and resolve discrepancies
- Strong knowledge and experience working with lending system with FIS and BlackKnight experience preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization including senior management
- Ability to build effective relationships internally with multiple business units.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS