Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Mortgage Bus. Devlmpt Officer Location US-CA-El Monte Job ID 2019-7117 Category Other Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Mortgage Business Development Officer.The Mortgage Business Development Officer will be responsible for community outreach and economic development activities and acting as a business development/referral source in moderately complex target market areas. The Mortgage Business Development Officer will establish and maintain relationships with community organizations such as activist groups, community agencies, non-profits, and minority groups, while also reaching out to all aspects of community outreach to assess community credit needs and the bank's effectiveness in meeting those needs.
- The Mortgage Business Development Officer will identify, develop, and maintain a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. A Mortgage Business Development Officer's network may consist of real estate professionals, builders, professional and personal contacts, as well as other valuable referral sources and is enhanced by the Mortgage Business Development Officer's regular participation in business related development opportunities and community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
- The Mortgage Business Development Officer will also respond to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from other East West Bank business channels.
- The Mortgage Business Development Officer will interview prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information.
- Monitor and maintain current knowledge of public programs aimed at supporting community development efforts
- Proven track record in mortgage loan origination experience
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics and comply with all Federal and State compliance policies including adhering to HMDA requirements
- Knowledge of processing, underwriting, and mortgage lending regulations
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Teamwork and customer service skills a must
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Existing SAFE Act registration/MLO License preferred
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS