About Cathay Bank
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, weve expanded along with our customers. Today, were a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland,Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019. Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about whats to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to whats next. If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. Were excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their
career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience. Join Cathay Bankand be energized by whats possible for your career!GENERAL SUMMARY
Documentation, Closing & Funding Department is responsible for preparing the Promissory Note, Business Loan Agreement, and other loan documentation in LaserPro or reviewing attorney drawn loan documents, drafting Lenders Instructions, and performing necessary pre-closing validation for closing and funding.
1. Review and document all standard (non-complex, i.e. HELOC, Smart Capital) commercial or consumer as assigned.
2. Validate the receipt of the loan and borrower supporting documentation and that the request is in compliance with loan committee approval conditions and Bank's policies and procedures.
3. Communicate and resolve any supporting documentation issues or questions/clarification on the CCR conditions/wording with Lending Unit and/or Cathay legal counsel.
4. Create LaserPro documentation based upon loan CCR conditions and in compliance with loan committee approval conditions and Bank's policies and procedures.
5. If applicable, create escrow closing instruction and pre-closing conditions and any other conditions required for Lender/Borrower information.
6. Receive signed loan documents and perform closing and funding activities including wire request, account funding, remit funds to pay off other lender, order tax contracts, UCC filing, pay service invoices, set up and maintain tickler and monitoring databases (such as Stucky, CASH OnTrack and Trade Innovation etc.)
7. Login Trailing documents (such as Deed of Trust and Title policy etc.)
8. Receive and process request for Loan Extension Agreement and Modification of Note
9. File bank-wide UCC continuation
10. Process bank-wide invoice of UCC activities
11. Prepare monthly bank control account certification
12. Provide notary services if licensed.
Education: Minimum 2 years junior college level or equivalent.
Experience: Banking experience preferred or college degree.
Skills/Ability: Basic Word, Excel & Access knowledge or basic PC skills; accounting skills; Notary desired, but not required.
Cathay Bank may collect personal information from potential job candidates and applicants. For more information on how we handle personal information and your applicable rights, please review our .
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Banks policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster in English.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law supplement in English.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.