Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Compliance Specialist Location US-CA-El Monte
Job ID 2020-7816
Category Banking Operations/Back Office
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking a Compliance Specialist. The Compliance specialist will perform and conduct regulatory and compliance loan level reviews on conventional loans originated for sale to Fannie Mae and portfolio loans.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Analyze and report to management on loan level quality issues including ability-to-repay, regulatory, and compliance adherence
- Ensure QC audit review qualities are within acceptable risk parameters
- Investigate responses and rebuttals to resolve significant/insignificant issues
- Must be able to enter review into proprietary software (Encompass Loan Origination System)
- Perform Pre & Post Fund audit reviews as needed
- Assist in designing, developing, and testing new systems
- Conduct research on potential selling guide and investor's underwriting policy changes
- Deliver findings and recommendations to management
- May participate as a team member on projects
- Must stay current on all agency, state, and federal guidelines
- Meet deadlines as required
- Be adaptable in the work environment
- Must conduct all activities in a professional manner
- Review rebuttals, discuss with Team Lead/Manager for response and make corrections to original audit once final.
- Review internal audit results, discuss with team lead/manager for response.
- Adhere to the companies "Core Values"
- Other duties assigned by manager
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in conventional and government underwriting and/or Quality Assurance/Quality Control function in the mortgage banking industry, experience in quality assurance services in a multiple client environment preferred
- Knowledge of all conventional and government underwriting guidelines for agencies-Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Selling Guide, private investors, and underwriting standards and practices
- In-depth knowledge of all federal, state and local compliance regulations to include: Truth in lending, Equal Credit Opportunity laws, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of total closing function to include: underwrite condition to closing, closing instructions, closing procedures, and TRID
- College Degree or equivalent work related experience
- In depth working knowledge of AUS systems including, but not limited to Ellie Mae Loan Operating System and Desktop Underwriter
- Strong working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workloads
- Self-starter that is able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Must be able to deliver high-quality results
- Must be able to work well with others
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS