- Dublin, CA, USA Dublin CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the FTT Human Resources and Legal Solutions team responsible for?
The FTT HR and Legal Solutions team provides technology support for the applications the HR, Payroll, Legal, Compliance and Enterprise Risk business units utilize. Support is provided through creation and implementation of new solutions, ongoing maintenance of existing applications, project management, technology engineering/development, technology upgrades, systems analysis, and IT vendor liaison.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Systems Analyst?
In this role, you will work with Legal, Compliance, and HR business groups to build processes and facilitate technology delivery and support. To be successful, you will have experience identifying and delivering technology solutions that create business value, isolating and documenting the technical needs of corporate business units, assessing the feasibility of technical solutions, and measuring the success of deployments. You will champion business needs by demonstrating a high level of expertise in corporate business processes and system functionality. On projects, you'll independently drive or contribute to requirement definition and documentation, research, analysis, testing, reporting, training, and communication. You'll also have responsibility for maintaining the relationship between our global IT team and our corporate business partners.
The ideal candidate will have similar experience supporting corporate business groups within the Financial Services industry, will be a fast learner, passionate about high impact projects, and will have superb communication skills. This is a full-time position and can be located in our San Mateo, Dublin, or Rancho Cordova, offices.
- Partner with internal business groups (Legal, Compliance, HR, etc…) to acquire a deep understanding of their processes and operations. Document requirements and work with development teams to ensure systems meet requirements. Facilitate requirements gathering and needs assessment sessions.
- Distill and document business functional and technical requirements for technology initiatives, including detailed process documentation. Analyze, design, and implement solutions including business processes, application enhancements, interfaces, and reports.
- Liaise with business teams and assist them to ensure end-to-end process and tool consistency. May design interfaces and features for applications and participate in defining technical solutions. Understand and contribute to system design, application data models and entity relationship diagrams.
- Triage and prioritize business issues. Research and facilitate the resolution of business users' technical issues. Proactively identify issues or pending changes that may impact business users' applications. May gather or create application related reports or metrics such as performance, availability and incident resolution.
- Maintain business relationships and act as IT liaison during implementation; may continue as primary vendor contact for application(s) after implementation. Work with business and technical service owners to identify and put projects on roadmap.
- Create training material and conduct training sessions designed to educate end users and executives of newly deployed functionality.
- Create communication material and conduct awareness activities to inform end users of upcoming technology changes and new business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 3-5 years' System Analyst experience required
- Experience in technology solution evaluation and selection
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert in technology implementations and projects
- Working knowledge of business process modelling methodologies (experienced with Visio, IBM Blueworks, or similar application)
- Experience supporting Legal, Compliance and/or HR business groups and related applications in a Corporate IT environment strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Experience using ServiceNow and/or JIRA on projects
- Prior experience with any of the following Legal/Compliance applications or functions is highly desired: RSA Archer GRC Platform, Compliance Tracking, Legal Holds, Legal Matters, Contract Management
- Experience in the Financial Services, or other highly regulated, industry
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria*
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.