VOTED TOP WORKPLACE 2018 & 2019
HORIZON ANALYTICS IS OUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
Who we are:
Pacific Mercantile Bank is unique from other business banks. While other banks are in the loan and deposit business, we are in the solutions business. We help companies navigate the challenges of growth, restructure, and the inevitable unexpected events. We take the time to understand the business and the business owners objectives. We finance growth opportunities by providing innovative and customized banking solutions with a full range of loans, deposit and cash management products and services for our clients long-term success. We are dedicated to our mission Helping companies succeed.
What you bring to PMB:
You pride yourself on developing new client acquisition while managing and growing a portfolio of existing clients. You have a history of exceeding assigned loan growth goals and core deposit growth primarily in C&I lending. You are open to learning and coaching and you are comfortable providing relevant, positive, and constructive feedback with the intention of motivating for success. You believe in making a difference every day to support the organizations strategic goals and mission.
Essential Job Duties
· Embraces and role models PMB core values.
· Engages in new client acquisition and deepening existing relationships to achieve loan and deposit goals.
· Focused calling efforts and solicitation of new business utilizing Horizon Analytics.
· Engages in relationship and portfolio management.
· Seeks out, actively participates in providing clients with treasury management products and services.
· Works with clients and prospective clients to identify banking needs. Collects information required to evaluate their creditworthiness and service requirements.
· Performs assessment and analysis of financial condition and credit risk within the framework of the Banks credit culture and current economic and industry trends utilizing Horizon Analytics.
· Gathers and analyzes all information necessary to present loan recommendations for approval.
· Reinforces superior client service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow-through with involved clients and employees.
· Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Banks image and develop additional business; assists the Bank in establishing and maintaining market position and visibility in its service area.
Spends 60% of time prospecting for and developing new relationships with Operating Companies to achieve lending and deposit goals.
Spends 25% of time deepening a portfolio.
Spends 15% of time on branch needs as required.
What you need for this position:
Bachelors degree in finance preferred.
10- 15 years work-related experience consist of a financial analysis, lending, and deposit background.
Advanced expertise, experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
Advanced expertise, experience, knowledge and training in all relevant lending activities and terminology.
Demonstrated success in client acquisition and client relationship expansion by achieving individual goals related to loans and deposits.
Whats in it for you:
Competitive salary and incentive compensation.
Comprehensive benefits package includes medical HMO or PPO, dental, and vision.
Life/AD&D & Long Term Disability Benefits.
Flexible spending accounts (FSA) Dependent Care and/or Medical Reimbursement.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Tuition Reimbursement.
Vacation Benefits Personal Days (PTO) personal holidays. Paid Bank Observed Holidays.
We even celebrate your hire anniversary date by giving you the day off!
The best part, youll be partnering with a team of empowered professionals who lead by example and who reinforce strong values through collaboration, trust and the celebration of success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning, transgender, national origin, color, disability, or protected veteran status.