Senior Financial Analyst
🌎 English English (United Kingdom) Espaol Portugus (Brasil) ()
This job posting isn't available in all website languages ☰ Senior Financial Analyst - Decision Analytics New 📅 1 day ago Post Date 📅 202229 Requisition # Apply for Job Share this Job
In this era of disruptive digital transformation, delivering new and innovative customer experiences is a top priority for businesses worldwide. At Experian, a worldwide decisioning leader, our Decision Analytics group makes this a reality by uniting data, advanced analytics and decision strategies with real-time operational execution and strong decision governance to deliver meaningful customer outcomes and positive business results.
Our Decision Analytics (DA) group is seeking to hire a talented Senior Financial Analyst. While this position partners with leaders across the Decision Analytics business, it specifically supports our Identity & Fraud line of business and reports directly to the DA Finance Director. The role also works closely with the Product, Strategic Pricing, Sales, Global DA Partnerships, Billing and Accounting.
Key role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Act as a partner to Decision Analytics Identity and Fraud business line, developing a strong mutual trust relationship
- Partner with the broader Decision Analytics Finance, Pricing, Marketing and Product teams to gather information on new products and clients and develop analysis and actionable insights to support and influence decisions that fulfil both region and group requirements
- Drive continuous improvement on revenue forecast modelling by client and product, increasing the accuracy on both existing revenue streams and new sales, with focus on automation and standardization of large data sets
- Navigate large amounts of data to discern underlying trends, risks and opportunities
- Prepare forecast for royalty costs and validate accuracy of monthly charges
- Support the team on all financial planning activities (annual budget, strategic planning, half year review, monthly rolling forecast), providing analysis on revenue, volumes and royalty costs
- Support ad-hoc investment cases evaluation and pricing analysis
- Support preparation of monthly reporting packs and quarterly trading announcement
- Facilitate reporting process improvement initiatives and explore opportunities to improve functionality and automation
- Assist with month closing activities, including revenue and royalty recognition and accruals complying with IFRS15, revenue reconciliations and explanation for the main variances
- Develop a deep understanding of the Decision Analytics business and market, including its risks, opportunities and competitive environment
Qualified candidates should have 3+ years of progressive experience in data analytics, commercial finance, financial analysis and forecasting, preferably supporting a Business Unit or Sales Division with a proven track record of delivering great results. Further desirable skills and experiences include:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Data Sciences, or other analytical field.
- Hands-on and comfortable with a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly motivated self-starter who manages projects end-to-end and is a team player
- Passionate about driving insights through data, as well as driving efficiency and automation
- Excellent skills in data analytics, modelling, Excel and ability to efficiently manipulate and transform large data sets, including automation of processes
- Experience with BI, reporting and planning tools including Tableau, Hyperion Planning/Essbase and Smartview preferred
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles and concepts
- Problem analysis and resolution at both strategic and functional level
- Great communication skills with ability to simplify complexity
- Highly motivated to drive change and deliver results
- High degree of integrity
Working for a leading FTSE 50 global information services company is just one of the rewards of joining Experian. Our benefits package is designed to reward contribution and loyalty and to attract the kind of talented individuals who have their pick of employers. That is why we offer a highly competitive package which comprises:
Experian is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2019 was $4.8 billion. Experian employs over 17,000 people across 44 countries.
- Competitive base salary
- Aggressive bonus plan
- Core benefits including: full medical, dental, vision, matching 401K and the opportunity to work with a global leader
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies. EEO Including Disability/Veterans Refer a Friend
Know someone who would be perfect for this role? Experian employees can refer a friend for an open role by clicking on the Recommend This Job button and choosing Grab a referral link (you must be logged in to do this). Once you have copied the link you can share it with your friend via email or social media. When your friend applies to the role using the link you provided, you will be captured as the referring employee. Simple as that!
External candidates can also share an open role with a friend by clicking on the Share this Job button.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© Experian Jobs. All rights reserved. | | |