Senior Credit Specialist
Senior Credit Card Specialist
Who we are:
Pacific Mercantile Bank is unique from other business banks. While other banks are in the loan and deposit business, we are in the solutions business. We finance growth opportunities by providing innovative and customized banking solutions with a full range of loans, deposit and cash management products and services for our clients long-term success. Our experience team is dedicated to our mission Helping companies succeed.
What you bring to PMB:
Your experience working in a commercial bank lending environment is the foundation for your ability to understand that urgency begins with yourself, and you are energized when tackling challenges and new tasks. You are open to learning and coaching and you are comfortable providing relevant, positive, and constructive feedback with the intention of helping one another succeed. You consider yourself a problem solver because youre always on the watch for processes that need improvement and you own it until it is resolved. You believe in making a difference every day to support your team and the organizations goals and mission.
Heres what youll do:
The Senior Credit Card Specialist position is responsible for day-to-day client support activities and performing back office/operational tasks for the commercial card department. This includes, but is not limited to, client boarding, daily settlement activities, monitoring of reports, client inquiry resolution, dispute/fraud support, assisting clients and other activities.
In addition, the position is responsible for providing outstanding service, accurate information dissemination and support to commercial card clients. Monitor a variety of credit card reports from various systems. Maintain and accurately follow processes for daily tasks in credit card area, including explanation of services, account maintenance and quick response to problem/error resolution.
Essential Job Duties
- Update, maintain and follow processes for daily tasks within card services area
- Timely and accurately complete daily settlement and reconciliation function
- Provide back office operations support including account maintenance, daily management report, payment entry/processing.
- Process all aspects of the client onboarding process including follow up and client training.
- Utilize checklists to board new clients, process cardholder/client maintenance requests, set up accounts and order cards
- Accurately post corrections, adjustments and exceptions to client accounts with proper account notes
- Responsible for assigned project duties related to card products, procedures and department.
- Maintain updated and accurate information on all department products and services
- Assist in the development and maintenance of operational procedures
- Serve as resident reference for internal and external questions pertaining to card issues and problem resolution
- Thorough knowledge of card products and ancillary services, such as loyalty programs, BASE2000, eZBusiness, Mastercard Connect, Smartdata, Merchant Match Tool.
- Prepares various reports for department
- Provide support for loyalty programs
- Provide consulting services to clients as we provide solutions to expand their card programs
- Participate in training programs to continuously improve product knowledge and service skills and to stay familiar with regulations changes specific to credit and debit cards
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with credit card associations, credit card processors and other vendors.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
What you need for this position:
- 5+ years experience of payment card industry.
- 5+ years knowledge of commercial credit card, debit card, prepaid card and virtual card functions.
- Accounting/reconciliation experience.
- Current and ongoing knowledge of MasterCard/Visa rules and regulations.
- Customer related problem solving and dispute resolution skills.
Whats in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical HMO or PPO, dental, and vision.
- Life/AD&D & Long Term Disability Benefits.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) Dependent Care and/or Medical Reimbursement.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Matching 401(K).
- Vacation and sick benefits
- Personal Days (PTO) personal holidays.
- Paid Bank Observed Holidays.
- Wellness Program.
- We even celebrate your hire anniversary date by giving you the day off!
The best part, youll be partnering with a team of empowered professionals who lead by example and who reinforce strong values through collaboration, trust and the celebration of success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning, transgender, national origin, color, disability, or protected veteran status.