Human Resources Generalist
Sr. Human Resources Generalist
VOTED TOP WORKPLACE 2018, 2019, & 2020
HORIZON ANALYTICS IS OUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
Who we are:
Pacific Mercantile Bank is a fast growing, high tech, full service financial institution specializing in small and middle market businesses. We finance visions, by providing innovative and customized banking solutions with a full range of loans, deposit and cash management products and services for our clients’ long-term success.
What you bring to PMB:
You believe in making a difference every day and take pride in your natural ability to be approachable and supportive to all employees in the organization and you’re comfortable discussing topics from benefits to time keeping. You thrive in a team collaborative environment and watch for process issues that you, and the team can improve upon because you’re a problem solver. When presented with awkward or difficult situations you handle it with a spirit of goodwill and professionalism while always maintaining the highest standard of confidentiality. Your experience in human resources and payroll provides you the foundation to work efficiently and effectively. You’re open to learning and coaching as well as providing it with the intention of helping one another succeed.
Here’s what you’ll do:
You’ll be working with small team of HR professionals who support and serve approximately 150 employees in Southern California. You will be the lead generalist responsible for human resource related functions including, payroll on-boarding, benefits administration, maintenance of employee records, all while maintaining compliance with laws and regulatory requirements. You’ll strive to achieve your personal goals, goals of your department and the organization to achieve the Bank’s mission “HELPING COMPANIES SUCCEED.”
Essential Job Duties
- Serves as the primary contact to assist and answer employee’s questions relating to HR, payroll, and benefits.
- Maintains job descriptions.
- Monitors HR e-mail box and correspondence; responds to inquiries timely, determining priorities and escalates sensitive matters when needed.
- Conducts payroll processing.
- Responsible for coordinating, conducting and managing annual open enrollment including benefit meetings, OE profile and feeds through ADP, rate updates etc.
- Assists in dealing with government agencies such as EEOC, FEHC, EDD, Workers' Compensation Commission and with other outside entities on HR functions, annual reporting and issues.
- Initiates and oversees Workers Compensation Claims focusing on mitigation of injuries and a low Experience Modification rates.
- Ensure compliance with policies and regulatory requirements for HR, payroll, and Benefits
- Responsible for personnel file maintenance consistent with regulatory guidelines.
- Carries out destruction policy related to personnel documents.
- Prepares termination packets.
- Reconciliation of all Human Resources invoices.
- Assists in the recruiting and on-boarding process
- Responds to Unemployment Claims filed against the Bank and attends UI hearings, as necessary. Reviews and protest claims to reduce UI charges.
- Remains abreast of HR Laws, industry standards and best practices; updates policies and procedures accordingly.
- Updates policies and employee handbook annually and on an as-needed basis to maintain state and federal legal updates and guidelines.
- Prepares government reports related to 1095-C, 1094-C, EEO & AAP compliance or other HR functions timely adhering to agency deadlines.
- Completes and manages compensation survey data.
- Updates pay-grades (excludes EVP’s) on an annual bases per the market rates outlined by HR & Compensation Committee.
- Assists in the resolution of employee complaints and issues including investigations and disciplinary action plans in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources.
- Replies to VOE.
- Tracks the auto policy verifications.
- Responsible for change management in ADP system including but not limited to: new hires, terms, leaves of absence, benefit deductions.
- Calculate and process final checks in ADP system.
- Audits benefits reconciliations; carrying out corrective action as needed through carrier and employee interface.
- Manages components of leaves of absences including but not limited to: tracking, coordination with payroll and insurance carriers, coordination of paid time off benefits and appropriate tracking of documentation.
- Assists employees with timekeeping entry.
- Processes monthly turnover report.
- Process 24 month background checks for existing employees.
- Tracks temporary employee statics.
- Tracks existing employees anniversary dates.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Coordination of Lunch & Learns and Health & Wellness initiatives.
- Coordination of CPR Training every 2 years
- Coordination of Auto Policy Project, Drivers licenses and Auto Insurance records
- Coordination of Anniversary Certificates
- Coordination of 5, 10, 15 Year Award Program
- Conducts daily VOE requests
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
What you need for this position:
- 5+ year’s human resources generalist experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
- 5+ years of HR and benefits experience.
- 2 years of payroll processing experience
- 2 years ADP Workforce Now experience version 8.0 and higher.
- Certifications related to HR and Benefits recommended (PHR, SPHR, CEBS)
- Working knowledge of COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, ACA, EEOC, and related state and federal regulations required.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical HMO or PPO, dental, and vision.
- Life/AD&D & Long Term Disability Benefits.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) Dependent Care and/or Medical Reimbursement.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Matching 401(K).
- Vacation Benefits minimum accrual of three (3) weeks’ vacation per year.
- Personal Days (PTO) 3 personal holidays.
- Paid Bank Observed Holidays.
- We even celebrate your hire anniversary date by giving you the day off!
The best part, you’ll be partnering with a team of empowered professionals who lead by example and who reinforce strong values through collaboration, trust and the celebration of success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, disability or protected veteran status.