Associate - Private Strategies General Information
Ref #: 22729
Functional Area: Product Strategy
Employee Type: Full Time
Location: Newport Beach
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Job Posting Shift: 1st
Relocation Provided: Yes
Date published: 02-Aug-2018 About Us:
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worlds premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Private Strategies Associate Overview
Private Strategies Associate will play a critical and central role supporting the smooth operation of multiple private-side investment committees, the coordination of capacity availability and allocations across relevant funds and accounts, and work closely with portfolio managers to deliver relevant data and analytics to support decision-making.
Position Development Value:
- Extensive exposure to senior industry experts within Portfolio Management and across other functional areas of the firm
- A broad range of opportunities to collaborate with talented colleagues
- Learning environment focused on key buy-side portfolio risk and return principles
- Constructive feedback to foster career growth in addition to a formal annual review process
Location: Newport Beach, CA
- Assist in coordination of pipeline and capacity availability across our broadening array of private-side funds and accounts
- Ensure that applicable ideas are surfaced to investment teams in our hedge fund and traditional businesses, as appropriate
- Collaborate with PSG so that product design links seamlessly to investment pipeline and capacity
- Work closely with the Management, Finance team, Analytics, and Portfolio Managers to support Private Fund IC decision-making based on timely risk, finance, and pipeline reporting
- Support new initiatives which require tight coordination between PMs, PSG, and AMs
- Liaison with Portfolio Management, Management, Allocation Oversight Group, Trade Support, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Alts Finance and Alts Operations
- Monitor, maintain and create details, processes and reporting in Deal Cloud, our centralized platform for Alternative Funds pipeline activity and workflow processes
- Coordinate execution of Non-Standard Transaction checklists
- Maintain PM Knowledge Management Portal ensuring information flow across Alternatives groups
- Ensure PM/Ops/Alts finance adherence to illiquid and PIMCO processes
- Assist in the coordination and management of Investment Committee meetings for all private funds and monitor adherence to Investment Protocols
- Assist in administration of Desk and Investment Committee voting process
- Assist in management of trade flow process for illiquid investments
- Create reports for portfolio management and position monitoring
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from the Portfolio Management and other organizations, as necessary
- 1-3 years of experience; strong, relevant internship experience acceptable
- Fixed Income technical skills and experience in a buy or sell side trade room preferred
- Private Equity and/or Real Estate experience a plus
- Compliance related experience a plus
- Strong relationship skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with Portfolio Managers
- Well-refined communications skills. Can articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Proven ability to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy working collaboratively across the organization (especially with account managers) to resolve issues.
- Advanced abilities with Excel, SQL, business objects, and Bloomberg.
- Bachelors degree and strong academic record with concentration in math, science, finance, economics or other related quantitative/analytical field from a leading, accredited college or university.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
Share this job: Share:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Life insurance and travel coverage
401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office