Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Credit Analyst II Job Locations US-CA-Chatsworth Posted Date 7 hours ago(8/5/2020 1:50 PM)
Job ID 2020-2533
# of Openings 1
Category Commercial Lending
The Credit Analyst II in our Chatsworth office will have essential analytical skills to independently and objectively evaluate the creditworthiness of current and prospective commercial borrowers and external Bank vendors. S/he will perform various administrative duties and projects to support the Bank’s ongoing credit and risk administrative functions along with possessing strong writing skills, and previous accounting, financial analysis or commercial lending credit analysis background. Additionally, the ideal candidate should be naturally inquisitive with problem-solving mindset, be flexible and able to adapt to frequently changing priorities, have a positive attitude and ability to complete work within the required, often fast-moving timelines. Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task are essential. Position requires the capacity to provide guidance to more junior credit analysts and interns.
- Prepare timely and insightful credit analysis applications for a diverse, medium to high complexity and sophisticated portfolio of commercial & industrial, commercial real estate and private banking / professional services commercial loan customers. Loan size may range from $500,000 for more straight forward lines of credit to $20 million for more complex credits.
- Conduct independent and objective annual reviews of existing loans as well as scheduled and unscheduled loan reviews of the existing portfolio.
- Review approval conditions vis-a-vis the loan documentations for existing loans to ensure integrity of the credit process.
- Assist in updating the Bank’s Loan Policy.
- Create thorough and concise analyses of the risks and mitigants of pending commercial loan requests by reviewing and analyzing the borrowers’ financial statements, including but not limited to income statements, cash flow statements, balance sheets, tax returns, personal financial statements, real estate and C&I collateral appraisal reports, and environmental assessment reports.
- Prepare advanced sensitivity analyses, pro forma cash flows, and assessments of collateral and guarantor financial condition.
- Conduct analysis of the market (customers) and industry (competition, suppliers, substitutes, and potential new entrants) and management teams and/or deal sponsors.
- Evaluate and opine on appraisals and environmental reports as part of the underwriting analysis.
- Accurately assess the financial position of commercial clients to support the Bank’s credit decisions on credit exposure of varying size, up to its lending limits. This includes providing independent recommendations to credit and lending management on whether to approve or renew loans, modify terms of existing loans, maintain or change risk ratings of existing loans, and otherwise suggesting the appropriate credit action.
- Assist in the discussions of risk elements at Management Loan Committees and Directors’ Loan Committees.
- Conduct financial analysis of and make recommendations on the suitability of the Bank’s vendors.
- Capture minutes and perform various administration duties for the Management Loan Committees and Directors’ Loan Committees. Interact with senior committee members and the Bank’s Directors in managing the process.
- Help manage the workflow and the pipeline as requested by the Senior Credit Officer and in his/her absence.
- Coach and mentor junior staff as well as the department’s interns and DRP Associates.
- Actively participate in ongoing training and development through a combination of the Bank’s formal credit training curriculum, self-study, and self-development.
- Assist with special projects and reporting assignments in Credit Administration. Actively participate in ongoing training and development through a combination of the Bank’s formal credit training curriculum, self-study, and self-development.
- Stay current on banking regulations and audit, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- The Credit Analyst II underwrites intermediate to highly complex analyses and sophisticated credits.
Administrative, Supervision, Training Responsibilities:
- The Credit Analyst II will train/coach less experienced analysts and interns, provide a daily advisory role and peer review of CAM’s produced by other analysts.
Risk Assessment Level:
- The Credit Analyst II underwrites medium size loans, generally from $500M-$20MM
- College degree preferred; MBA or similar advance degree or coursework is a plus.
- 3 years relevant experience is required, preference for direct credit analysis experience in a commercial lending environment or financial analysis in an investment management, finance, accounting or comparable field.
- Advanced financial modeling skills are required.
- The successful completion of a formal credit / financial analyst training program is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and financial statement spreading software is required.
Boston Private is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS