Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment Management a Registered Investment Advisor based in Los Angeles, is currently searching for a Senior Operations Associate
The Operations Associate will provide assistance and collaborate with the senior associates and Director of Operations in order to complete investment operations activities. Contribute to critical tasks related to the successful rhythm of KAR Operations with special emphasis on international trade settlements, OMS support, and new account and broker setup. Provide material support and follow procedures to help internal constituents (front office, client services, IAAs, etc.) and that other related duties are completed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Investment Back and Middle Office Operations
- Assist with enforcing controls and processes for OMS (Charles River Database – IBOR) and Post Trade (CTM and Alert)
- Onboard client accounts – review and execute check list items; custodian welcome packages coordinate with sales and middle office; establish and maintain integrated procedures with IAAs, Institutional Marketing, Compliance, global funds management with client onboarding
- Counterparty Broker Account Setup documentation
- Remain current with working knowledge of market requirements for International trade settlements; evaluating risks and actively seeking risk identification and mitigation processes.
- Follow daily control procedures and team coverage related to operational services to clients, data integrity, trade operations, investment accounting/reconciliations, proxy, corporate action, client statements, and resolution of daily issues
- Support day to day operations issues related to Operations applications (CRD, CTM, Alert, CRM, ISS, GWP, GWPA, and Pages) and have a continued awareness of firm wide technology needs for such applications especially related to version upgrades, replacements, or general change management.
- Ensure internal processes and procedures are followed to in accordance to SOC1 controls and SLAs to internal constituents for institutional, dual contract, wealth advisory, and wrap business segments.
QUALIFICATIONS: (education, experience, certifications, licenses & skills required)
- Must have BA/BS degree and 5+ years’ experience as an asset management industry expert in the management of investment operations specifically with Global Investment Strategies
- Working Knowledge of International Trade Settlements
- Working knowledge of Investment Back and Middle Office Operations
- Excellent understanding of the investment book of record (IBOR) and how it interacts with various external books of record
- Excellent business judgment with the ability to work well with cross functions and departments
- Aptitude to manage 3rd party vendor providing critical daily processing / systems
- Work well with all levels of employees effectively and have strong communications skills
- Ability to work in an intense environment under tight deadlines and contribute thoughtfully and high quality work
- Experience with trade operations, client statements, and investment accounting
- Heightened attention to detail
- Flexible, ability to adjust schedule to be available for meetings in all global time zones
- Ability to learn and excel at day-to-day responsibilities and contribute to driving process improvement, standardization, and automation
- Ability to see multiple steps ahead when faced with complex issues or new situations
- Proficient at Microsoft suite – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan
- Paid Parking
- Potential for bonus participation