Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment Management (KAR) a Registered Investment Advisor based in Los Angeles, is currently searching for a Municipal Analyst/Trader. The Municipal Analyst/Trader is primarily responsible for analysis of prospective municipal bond credits in trading situations as well as ongoing surveillance of credits held in portfolio, as well as contributing to discussions around asset allocation, portfolio construction and economic views.
- Perform fundamental credit analysis on an initial and ongoing basis for investment grade municipal credits across the spectrum of municipal sectors for tax-exempt and taxable bond portfolios.
- Make security and sector positioning recommendations to the Municipal Team based on fundamental credit and relative value analysis
- Perform surveillance of existing holdings to determine if changes in security positioning are necessary
- Work on special projects as needed
- Provide support to marketing/compliance/operations as needed
- Monitor developments that affect the municipal market (legislation, rating agency views, court cases)
- Bachelor's Degree (Finance/Marketing)
- 3-5 years of work experience in the financial services industry, specifically, investment/asset management
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Pro-active approach to accuracy and attention to details.
- Analytical skills with the ability to dig in
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Teamwork – ability to collaborate in a professional and constructive manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and quantitative skills.
BENEFITS AT KAR:
In addition to health insurance, Vacation, PTO benefits and a generous 401(k) company match, KAR is proud to offer its employees benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 24-Hour Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Paid Family Care Time
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account with a Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts including Dependent Care
- Paid Volunteer days
KAR is committed to building an inclusive culture by fostering diversity and equity across our organization. We believe that cultivating a diverse team allows us to collectively be more successful and better address the needs of our clients. We champion a culture where team members are treated with respect, valued for their unique perspectives and experiences, and feel a sense of belonging. If this represents you and your values, join our team.
During the pandemic, we have transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We plan to return to our office when it is safe to do so. Attendance in person at our office will be required at that time.
KAR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
A competitive compensation will be offered. Details will be discussed at the appropriate time with interested, qualified candidates.
For additional general information on Kayne Anderson Rudnick, please access the firm’s web site at www.kayne.com.