Technical Product Management, Officer
- OTC Derivatives team is responsible for providing operations support to various investment management clients. It includes processing of Derivatives transactions in various systems, asset set-up, income calculations, payment confirmations, instructions and settlements.
Candidate will be responsible for accurately administering domestic and foreign derivatives, including but not limited to swaps and options. This individual resolves data quality issues through interaction with other internal and external parties. The individual acts as a second level resource within assigned business unit to support transactions in accordance to established procedures.
- Typically manages a small team of 3 to 5 associates, monitoring the workflow to ensure the department is operating efficiently and ensuring adequate backup coverage through cross training.
- Ensures that processing exceptions are resolved on a timely basis, are well documented and are communicated to appropriate parties.
- Monitors compliance with established controls and procedures and implements controls to eliminate losses.
- Validates service expectations, communicates status and establishes areas for improvement.
- Maintains effective working relationships with clients, other departments, trading areas, brokers and service providers.
- Works with various internal business groups to develop system enhancements into daily operations.
- Interviews, evaluates, hires, and manages performance with responsibility for training, along with recommendations for performance planning, promotions and terminations.
- Communicates and manages department goals and performance targets, and makes suggestions for enhancements to operational processes to more effectively meet client needs.
- Assists with client presentations on derivatives operations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with business related coursework.
- At least 5 years' related financial industry experience, part of which must be in management or supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products as well as legal and regulatory requirements. Hands-on experience within OTC derivatives is preferred.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within custody and/or fund accounting and the depository platforms.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent client communication and presentation skills in both verbal and written forms.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and resolving client service issues.
- Computer proficient including working knowledge of desktop software applications including MS Office applications.
- Ability to provide technical expertise to revolve daily problems.
- Ability to develop business relationships within and outside of organization.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.