Network Control Analyst- Officer
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate with a strong analytical skill set that can thrive in a high-pressure environment with shifting priorities to join our Network Operations team in Irvine, CA. As a member of our team, you will monitor alarms, emails, and phone calls for any issues that occur and escalate them related to our 24x7 mission critical environments to the appropriate team(s). Monitoring includes servers, circuits, applications, emails, tickets, batch processing jobs, and security issues such as malware, phishing or hacking events. This position is currently for our 3rd (Overnight) Shift. What you will be responsible for
As a Network Control Analyst, you will
What we value
- Monitor alarms, emails, and phone calls for any issues that occur and escalate them to the appropriate team(s). Monitoring includes servers, circuits, applications, emails, tickets, batch processing jobs, and security issues such as malware, phishing, or hacking events.
- Other duties include triaging, documenting, assigning and follow up of server and network issues and outages.
- Monitor Nightly Batch Cycle Processing jobs.
- Timely escalation of service and batch process interruptions to appropriate resources.
- Perform incident trending and root cause post mortem analysis.
- Assist in developing new processes to improve NOC functions.
- Collaboration with all IT functional teams.
- Create, modify and terminate user/service accounts via UMAP.
- Unlock and reset passwords on user accounts.
- Respond to service tickets or reassign tickets to appropriate team in a timely manner.
- Assist in roll over Help Desk calls and Tier II support.
- Restart VDIs when needed.
- Request Data Center access and start/shutdown/restart application(s) or server processes per the SOPs as requested or during Maintenance/Application Release.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 1 - 2 years of experience working in a large scale mission critical Network Operations Center.
- 1 - 2 years of experience monitoring batch processes and tolerance threshold levels.
- 1 - 2 years of experience working with infrastructure monitoring software such as Solarwinds, Nimbus or Nagios.
- Windows and UNIX server skills.
- Firm grasp of basic concepts such as networking, SAN and server architecture.
- Customer service oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of experience in network operations.
Must be willing/able to work third shift and weekends, 10:00 PM - 6:30 AM PST. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers