Collateral Management, Senior Associate
State Street Collateral Management Team is looking for a Senior Associate.
The ideal candidate is detailed oriented and has the ability to analyze a problem or workflow, and understand collateral processes from end to end.
The ideal candidate will also need to have experience in client relationship management, excel knowledge, be organized and team oriented as we work in a fast paced environment. Duties include:
- Carry out core and complex processing activities in accordance with established procedures
- Ability to multitask, ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines
- Perform custom work for complex funds, look for ways to standardize when possible
- Handle complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency
- Accountable for quality, accuracy and timeliness of results
- Train staff on basic principles of process
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Build and manage the flow of information and data to ensure an accurate output with limited issues and exceptions
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Share responsibility with lead, manager and staff for resolving any issues related to processing activities and for accurate and timely processing and delivery
- Maintain specialist knowledge and skills that are essential in performing the job effectively
- Interact with internal and external clients to provide comprehensive support including complex accounts
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and a focus in finance or related field preferred.
- +2 years of related professional experience.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills including expressing complex ideas and concepts.
- Computer proficient including spreadsheet and database applications.