Collateral Management, Associate
As a Client Service Specialist, Associate 2, you will interact internally with global Centers of Excellence, Client Operations teams, business unit Shared Service teams and Joint Venture operations teams to complete the collateral management and processing for assigned clients and portfolios. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a single point of contact providing inquiry and operational support to high profile internal and external clients on collateral management functions
- High level tasks include issuing and responding to margin calls, collateral allocation and processing, the dispute resolution process, and/or collateral settlement.
- Partner with our joint venture staff to provide high quality service; perform some oversight functions with your manager's assistance
- Own a Risk Excellence mindset in all tasks as part of our Way Ahead foundation, which includes understanding the upstream and downstream impacts of operational flows and having a critical eye on common pitfalls to Risk Excellence
- Contribute to our team effort of providing excellent collateral service to our clients by proactively identifying opportunities for improvement in all aspects of our business
- Resolve a broad range of questions for and carry out processing tasks to resolve a variety of requests for internal and external clients
- Support the review and validation of collateral data as needed: anticipate and resolve impactful events to the client.
- Research and resolve exceptions, perform reconciliations, and actively monitor for incorrect transactions or issues
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyze and resolve issues
- Develop expertise in the use of our proprietary collateral system
- Monitor and resolve income events on collateral positions
- Continually strive to learn more about our business
- Validate and review all daily activity while maintaining all required controls
- Interprets client needs and works to meet those needs, offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues
- Proactively communicate with clients on matters of interest and importance, developing and enhancing the relationship
- Handle complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency
- Document any updates or changes to formal procedures, databases, etc.
- Support training of new hires as necessary
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- During the course of normal day to day operations, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and a focus in Finance or related field preferred; 1-2 years of related experience
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Computer proficient including working knowledge of desktop software applications (e.g., Excel, Word, etc.)
- Work independently and collaboratively with the team and others outside own area of expertise.